Price Check Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I posted this under "Buying and Pricing" but it may be more appropriate here. I'm looking for opinions on a fair price for a 1965 ish MF135 - it has a 3cyl Perkins diesel (recently "overhauled" not sure exactly what was done), power steering (two cylinders), trip bucket QuikTach loader, one set of extermal hydraulics. Hours are about 3800 on tractor and apparently just a few on the motor. Local farm mechanic (I trust) says it is in pretty good shape mechanically. Could use some paint. Tires are 60% or better. Owner considering selling because of health.
Thanks for any ideas.

Bob

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #2  
DETAILS for TRACTORS from MASSEY FERGUSON
Model = 135 DELUXE

SPECIFICATIONS
Years Mfg: 1964-1975
Fuel: G
D

Engine Make: CONT 4-CYL
PERKINS 3-CYL

CID: 145

Engine HP: 35.3 PTO
37.8 PTO

Cab: NA

No.Speeds: 6/2-12/4

Weight(Pounds): 3,370

List Price: $5,070
$5,300

Options: VINEYARD
ORCHARD

PRICING
Year Ad Price Est.Loan Value
1969 $4,116 $2,717
1970 $4,379 $2,890
1971 $4,561 $3,010
1972 $4,751 $3,136
1973 $4,950 $3,267
1974 $5,197 $3,430
1975 $5,457 $3,602

Avg. Auction Price
LOW HIGH AVG
$2,200 $5,050 $3,496

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/2-80581-MF135wtriploadersold.jpg>My ‘ole gal…Miss always reliable… MF135 with trip bucket loader… and I miss her…</A>/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Around our area (NE-USA), they seem to hover ~~$5K… year after year… only the past few years, have I seen a little decrease on this model at most auctions…

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #3  
<font color=red>My ‘ole gal…Miss always reliable… MF135 with trip bucket loader… and I miss her</font color=red>

She looked nice John. Looked like you worked her real hard. And she seems to take it well.

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish
Hi JM111
Where do you get this info? Is it from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.machinerylink.com/resources/uevg/>http://www.machinerylink.com/resources/uevg/</A>, a link that was provided by Gary from Indiana in my Buying and Pricing post?

Thanks very much - this is very helpful in beginning to establish a negotiation point IF this fellow decides he wants to sell.

Bob

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #5  
Hi Bob,

It’s from an national auction subscription I pay for…

If this guy is not "actively" trying to sell his 135... you may have a tough time getting the price you may want to pay... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Negotiation is always an interesting process. As far as I know, he said he will be deciding but the "end of the year" and it is my hope to be in his face enough to make sure he knows I am interested but not enough to appear desperate.
Based on some feedback from a "Massey Man" in New Brunswick (Big Dean referred me to Jack) the range for this kind of tractor looks like it should be in the $4500 to $5500 Cdn area. Time will tell and averages are only a starting point.

Thanks again for your valuable information.

Bob

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #7  
<font color=blue>...Big Dean referred me ...</font color=blue>

Say hello to Big Dean for me... the next time ya talk to him...

Now, there's a Massey expert... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #8  
hey Bob,

I think you are too close to T.O. for that low of avg prices in CDN $ Remember too that you live in the middle of Massey Country. The Maritimes might be in the 5 grand range,but in Ontario your looking closer to 7,500 or so. Check out the Agdealer for what's out there. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.agdealer.com>http://www.agdealer.com</A>

Say hey to Big Dean for me too,if you could!!

Thanks for the comments Woodbeef
I looked at the AgDealer site for 135's in Canada and got quite a range of possibilities
The most expensive one available was in Quebec and by the photo appears to have a far better loader with bucket controls and a seperate front pump (I think - my French isn't that great) asking $7900. One in the Kingston area is sold but it looks like the price was around $8000 - again a far better looking loader. The range on the rest of them looks like $4500 to $7500. As a buyer I am always hopeful of getting the lower range but I am also realistic enough to know that a seller is going to be looking at the top end of that range. I guess all the "to and fro" from there will deal with the condition of the machine and what else might be attached to it (blade, mower, manuals, chains etc. I hope I can convince this fellow to "lend" me the tractor for a couple of hours so I can take it home (about 20 minutes away) and work it a bit to see how it performs.
It is easy to get caught up in the excitement of the deal but, at some point, the chequebook will prevail.

I'll assume from your profile that you are familiar with Dr. Willoughby Belch (retired surgeon - he removed my gallbladder many, many years ago) who raises Buffalo just west of Peterborough and sells breeding stock around the world as well as meat products at the local Farmers Market on Saturday mornings.

Cheers
Bob

/ Fair Price MF135 - 1965 ish #10  
<font color=blue>...I hope I can convince this fellow to "lend" me the tractor for a couple of hours so I can take it home (about 20 minutes away) ...</font color=blue>

Bob,

You have me curious, now... is that tractor time... or truck/freeway time...? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Now, Muhammad is only 2 1/2 hours away from me... oops... that's Boeing 767 time... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif