Price Check Fair Price for a Massey 261

/ Fair Price for a Massey 261 #1  

americandogma

Tractor
86 Ford 3910 Diesel
This is my second post (accidentally posted to the general forum) but I have been lurking for about a year. I appreciate everyone who contributes, I have learned a ton.

Last year we finally bought a farm and with spring here I am in desperate need of a decent all around utility tractor. I am looking for a tractor with at least 40 HP at the PTO but ideally would like something closer to 60 so I can pull a 10' bush hog. I would like to have a loader but the primary purpose of the tractor is for bush hogging.

With all that said... I found a 1994 Massey Ferguson 261 with about 980 hours on it. An old loader comes with it but its in rough shape.

What is the current value of a 94 MF 261?
Is there anything specific I should be looking for when I inspect this tractor?
There doesn't seem to be a ton of info on the 261 model, what do you think of the overall quality?

Thanks in advance, Justin

/ Fair Price for a Massey 261 #2  
Prices are different in different parts of the country. You should be able to google the tractor and come up with a ball park. My guess would be 6-8K without a loader, and 8-10K with a Loader. That is very low mileage for a 1994 tractor. Could be good or bad if it sat outside for a decade.