Fair price for a JD855

/ Fair price for a JD855 #1  

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
I have found an old JD855 without a FEL but it has a snowblower I could use. It comes with the 72" MMM that I do not need.

The machine has less than 400 hours on it. I am driving over to look at it tomorrow.

Has anyone used the 855 with the factory blower? How does it handle deep snow...say 12-14 inches?

What would be a fair price on something like that?

Thanks,

/ Fair price for a JD855 #2  
I paid $8K to a dealer for ours 2-3 years ago,,,

855-2_zpsieeaffsi.jpg

The hourmeter was working, and it also was at about 400,, but, I do not believe it is accurate,,,:confused2:

/ Fair price for a JD855 #3  
JD 855 is a good tractor. I never blew snow with one but I can imagine it would blow whatever fits in the blower just fine. If it's in 400 hour condition it has to be worth 7, 8 grand I would think.. They are a rugged little tractor compared to some of the stuff built today..

/ Fair price for a JD855 #4  
Depends on condition and if it's 4wd or 2wd. Not likely to find a true 400 hour 855. Probably had the hour meter replaced if it even works.

Sorry I can't say how good they do in the snow. I would sure want a cab for that duty though.

I sold my 2wd without loader and a broken hour meter that quit around 2300 for 3 grand. Was a good little tractor.

/ Fair price for a JD855
I bought my current 855 this summer with loader, mmm, tiller, brush hog, boom, rake, and rear blade for $3500 and put almost $2500 into it. It runs well but needs a few more hundred invested. Not disappointed at all.

I was shopping for a new tractor to get a cab, Quick Attach loader, grapple, third function, rear remote and most important a snow blower.

The 855 I am now looking at has the blower, and it looks like a homemade cab.....thus the interest in adding it. I can add a bolt on grapple and diverter valve to my current machine for the work I need to do.

A new tractor will cost over $30k after trading the 855 and that is acceptable, but the front blower is not as easy to attach and remove as the dealers make it sound.

With a second 855, I would leave the blower on all the time and add the rear blade for lighter snow falls. It becomes a winter machine. They are asking $7600 for it. It seems like a cost effective solution.

JD855guy, yes it is 4WD

/ Fair price for a JD855 #7  
I bought my current 855 this summer with loader, mmm, tiller, brush hog, boom, rake, and rear blade for $3500 and put almost $2500 into it. It runs well but needs a few more hundred invested. Not disappointed at all.

I was shopping for a new tractor to get a cab, Quick Attach loader, grapple, third function, rear remote and most important a snow blower.

The 855 I am now looking at has the blower, and it looks like a homemade cab.....thus the interest in adding it. I can add a bolt on grapple and diverter valve to my current machine for the work I need to do.

A new tractor will cost over $30k after trading the 855 and that is acceptable, but the front blower is not as easy to attach and remove as the dealers make it sound.

With a second 855, I would leave the blower on all the time and add the rear blade for lighter snow falls. It becomes a winter machine. They are asking $7600 for it. It seems like a cost effective solution.

JD855guy, yes it is 4WD

After upgrading to a 4310 and adding a grapple I would not consider adding one to an 855. I am wishing I went bigger than I did.

/ Fair price for a JD855 #8  
After upgrading to a 4310 and adding a grapple I would not consider adding one to an 855. I am wishing I went bigger than I did.

I built a QA and grapple for my 770. It gets some things done, maybe not as quick or much as my skid steer, but it works.

Attachments

• 6020149B-29AD-4988-BF82-174839EAED40.jpeg
    6020149B-29AD-4988-BF82-174839EAED40.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 49