Factory ROP good enough ???

/ Factory ROP good enough ??? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Am gonna be gettin my wiring harness back together in a few days.......one of the first chores the tractor is gonna do is hook up my bush hog that I have never used......got 2 acres of a 15 degree hill to mow.......am wondering how good my factory ROP is ...........this is on a TL 2300........with a canopy......yes, I will go up and down....but not a lot of room at the top to turn around.......so am wondering if the worst happens and I do go over if I can COUNT on the factory ROP....and yes I will be using a belt........gotta install one.....are there attachment points from the factory or do I need to drill those? THANKS for the help

/ Factory ROP good enough ??? #2  
Dennis,

I also have a factory rop on my Iseki with roof cab... I believe it would keep the tractor from flipping on to the top... It is mounted to the axle and is heavy duty as any I have seen... my acreage is flat so I am not in the rollover issue's, but if you use a belt, you should be OK.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Factory ROP good enough ??? #3  
I don't know about Iseki ROPS but look what happeded when a sweet gum tree split and fell on one of my Yanmars (YM2620D). The fiber glass top was shattered and one mount was bent about 1 inch but that was the only damage. The tire is mashed flat. When I cut the tree off of the tractor, the tire popped back up. I was afraid there was serios damage, at least a broken bearing on the rear axle, but there was nothing.

Attachments

• 244162-tree_on_tractor.JPG
    244162-tree_on_tractor.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 340
   / Factory ROP good enough ??? #4  
That is a well designed ROP's that is actually a cage. I do not like the roll bar type as they appear to offer protection only on clear ground with steep slopes or for a backward rollover. In your picture this type would have allowed the tree to sit right down on the seat.

By the way how did this tree come to test the ROP's ??

Egon

/ Factory ROP good enough ??? #5  
March or April of last year we had a late afternoon thunderstorm that lasted about thirty minutes. When it was over I noticed one of my neighbor's Bradford Pear trees was blown over and since he was out of town I was going to get rid of it for him. I went out an there was my tractor under a sweetgum tree. The tree was forked at the base and one half just blew over. Attached is another picture of the base of the tree. It partially sprang back up after we cut it.

Attachments

• 244489-tree2.JPG
    244489-tree2.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 295