Factory Duallys?

/ Factory Duallys? #1  

roger_scotty

Gold Member
Tractor
165D,336D,JD_530
Just looking through some old Yanmar literature this morning and admiring (?) that lime green color......When I noticed that the YM195 and YM240 models listed
"Spacer for dual tires (Rear)" as optional equipment!

How about that? Did any of you old US dealers out there ever sell one of these with the dually option??
Was it 2wd/4wd? Anybody know?
Does anyone have a dually Yanmar?

/ Factory Duallys? #2  
Roger,
That makes me wonder about the discussion that was held over at Yahooey about that. I thought it was mentioned it would create too much stress on certain parts.

/ Factory Duallys? #3  
I have actually seen a 240D with duals, factory, installed by the dealer around Rochester NY many years ago. The tractor had a FEL and tiller, and was used by an asphalt contractor for digging out driveways.
The duals were probably installed because the 240D has more torque than single tires can transferr to the ground without slipping, at least in digging situations.

/ Factory Duallys? #4  
I have a 1500D right now that has the spacers still on the wheels from Japan. I guess the exporters keep the extras and sell em separate.

/ Factory Duallys? #5  
I have a set of spools for a YM2500. I traded for a tractor that the previous owner had traded his rice tires for a set of factory duals with turf tires. He only wanted the one set of turfs so I kept the other set and spools. The original tractor was a gray from Japan that had been used to mow a golf course. That is the only tractor that I have ever heard any history on.