Fabric or vinyl seat?

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #1  

flyinghigh

Silver Member
Tractor
century
I noticed that the tym 494 series without a cab has a vinyl seat and with a cab has a cloth seat. Interestingly the Branson 4820 cab has a vinyl seat as well. My dealer is willing to swap the cloth seat for a vinyl seat before I take delivery of my 494. What is everyone's opinion of the cloth versus the vinyl seat?

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #2  
Definitely vinyl, cloth gets stained and you can't clean it.

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #3  
I like cloth not as slippery.

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #4  
Cloth and a large plastic bag to keep the rain off when sitting outside. Only thing a vinyl seat will give you is a sweaty butt and piles. Have a Cordura seat on my open station M9. Tossed the vinyl seat years ago. Even went to air suspension.

Attachments

• 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
   / Fabric or vinyl seat? #5  
I have vinyl on my open station tractor, but bought a cordura seat cover from Durafit. The cleanability and waterproofing of vinyl, but the comfort of cloth for sitting.

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #6  
Vinyl seat with a terrycloth towel cover my daughter made me. Only problem being it's a pink towel LOL. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer and stops monkey butt and you can take it off to clean it....eventually :)

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #7  
I have a heavy padded terry cloth cover for the vinyl seat. What 5030 says - post #4. Makes the seat better - both summer & winter.

/ Fabric or vinyl seat?
Just to be clear the tractor I'm getting the t494hc does have a cab. It comes with a cloth seat what is everyone's thoughts on changing it to vinyl or should I stay with the cloth?

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #9  
Mine is cabbed. Has a vinyl seat. Never thought twice about it. It's a seat, I sit on it.

/ Fabric or vinyl seat? #10  
Obviously you all don't farm like I do on hot days. I cannot stand a vinyl seat. Sweaty butt and piles for sure.