F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #21  
I've been wanting one for a while now. I keep seeing used ones on the equipment sales around here but haven't spotted one that I liked.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #22  
The worst part about the Kubota “F” mowers is changing the height of the mower deck.

Bottom line: It sucks compared to a zero turn.
It does that a few minutes changing all the spacers around. Of course I do mow some places while carrying the deck.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #23  
I have a used JD F935 diesel 2 tanks. 72" side discharge and 76" rear discharge decks. Side for lawn, rear for fields. Runs my PTO genny with a step-down gearbox, too. Bought at auction from the State Metro-parks division.
I just picked up a used J.D. 1435 4wd diesel 72" side discharge deck from an auction (was used at the State prison) and I added a well used 60" broom. Broom works really well for snow.

These machines are all over FB for under $4000. Some have cabs and can include a snowblower in addition to a deck. I'm completely satisfied with both. They are commercial units with heavy steel plate shaft drive decks. 12" tires with many types of tread patterns available. They have steering wheels for the uninitiated... And they have fast ground speeds. Water cooled 3 cyl Yanmar motors with glow plugs are bullet proof (although I never had a reason to shoot one). Even after sitting all winter, the 935 started right up after 2 cranking revs.

I also have a trusty JD F525 gas with 48" deck. Great for mowing around my collection of small growing pine trees.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #24  
I wasn't aware the JD even made a front mount machine actually. I knew they made mid mount ZTR's however. Never seen one used or new for sale around here. I'll have to look.... Knowing JD, I bet the new ones are expensive.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #25  
I have a used JD F935 diesel 2 tanks. 72" side discharge and 76" rear discharge decks. Side for lawn, rear for fields. Runs my PTO genny with a step-down gearbox, too. Bought at auction from the State Metro-parks division.
I just picked up a used J.D. 1435 4wd diesel 72" side discharge deck from an auction (was used at the State prison) and I added a well used 60" broom. Broom works really well for snow.

These machines are all over FB for under $4000. Some have cabs and can include a snowblower in addition to a deck. I'm completely satisfied with both. They are commercial units with heavy steel plate shaft drive decks. 12" tires with many types of tread patterns available. They have steering wheels for the uninitiated... And they have fast ground speeds. Water cooled 3 cyl Yanmar motors with glow plugs are bullet proof (although I never had a reason to shoot one). Even after sitting all winter, the 935 started right up after 2 cranking revs.

I also have a trusty JD F525 gas with 48" deck. Great for mowing around my collection of small growing pine trees.

I wanted one of them with a cab with the little AC unit
A guy that mows our local state park grasslands with them said it was miserably loud inside the cab.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #26  
I wanted one of them with a cab with the little AC unit
A guy that mows our local state park grasslands with them said it was miserably loud inside the cab.
Several brands of cabs available. Most of the time, the sound insulation sealing strips are not there. I do wear ear muffs when the leaf vac trailer is behind because the two motors together are pretty loud.
010.jpg
1435.jpg

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers
If you have THAT much grass, I’m thinkin you might want to grab a round baler and start baling it. lol
I mow about 20acres.
Rats takes over on a poultry farm IF u let grass get tall enough for hay.

I’ve tried it all in 28yrs lol

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers
That is way too much seat time on some frigg'in lawnmower.
5-6 acres of that 20 is bush hogged with a 15ft batwing twice a month + 8-9hrs weekly on a 72 inch Zero cutting the remaining 14 acres.

/ F3990 vs newer F3710 4wd front deck mowers #30  
5-6 acres of that 20 is bush hogged with a 15ft batwing twice a month + 8-9hrs weekly on a 72 inch Zero cutting the remaining 14 acres.
If you want a good short cut the various wide area mowers would be worth a look;
This unit did a 12 foot swath using 7 individual hydraulic driven decks.
2012-06-24_13-48-32_122.jpg

2012-06-24_13-49-19_166.jpg