F3680 solid front tires

/ F3680 solid front tires #1  

Barnbuilder

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat A300, Kubota F3680, JCB 212S sold
Just replaced one of the deck wheels tubes. Made it one mowing. All the tires that show up on a search have a 5/8" bore. Not sure if I can swap the oem wheels to the aftermarket to make it all work. Anyone have suggestions. They're not cheap.

/ F3680 solid front tires #2  
5/8" is a pretty common axle size. Get the outside diameter of your wheels and thickness at the axle. You may be able to get wheels with solid tires for cheap at Harbor Freight. You could also try filling them with foam making them a semi solid wheel.

/ F3680 solid front tires #3  
Are you front deck guys mowing mostly smooth ground ?

I wanted a F3990 4wd BAD for my steep hills & banks : but my farm ground is bad rough & I knew my 3 RFM behind tractors for 20yrs took a beating running on the ground.

I’m currently running Two ZD1511 72 SD with fluid filled rear tires mowing 15 acres.

/ F3680 solid front tires #4  
Just replaced one of the deck wheels tubes. Made it one mowing. All the tires that show up on a search have a 5/8" bore. Not sure if I can swap the oem wheels to the aftermarket to make it all work. Anyone have suggestions. They're not cheap.

Is F3680 using 3/4" gauge wheel axles?

I use Carlisle solid rubber gauge wheels in my F3060 and they work good.

The mower was fitted with Marathon brand solid rubber wheels when I bought it few years ago.

The gauge wheel axles are smooth 3/4" water hard drill rod which can be purchased 36" long and cut to proper length - both ends need 3/16" holes for cotter pins.

Replacement solid rubber tires & bearings were also pretty easy to find on the eBay.

9x350x4_New deck wheels II.jpg

Gauge Wheel.jpg Carefree Tire.png Water Hard Drill Rod.jpg Axle.png

Last edited:
   / F3680 solid front tires #5  
I put TireJect in my F3990 wheels and haven't touched them since. I think I doubled the recommended amount - maybe 4oz per tire. Easy enough since it came in an 8oz container....

/ F3680 solid front tires
Cool. I bought another set of tires & wheels. I'll have to try the Tireject. Thanks!

/ F3680 solid front tires #8  
I have been leary of my F3680 tires failing, but they haven’t failed. Pretty tough little buggers, but theyre only 1.5 years old.