F150 was today's hero

/ F150 was today's hero #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Our farrier was scheduled to arrive at 2pm. He called and said he was stuck about 2 miles away. I went down in my old $2,000 farm truck, '93 Ford F150 4x4 a lady had for pulling a horse trailer. Now bear in mind...it's a 300 cu.in. 6 cylinder with 205,000 miles.
When I got to him he was downhill in a ditch...we got lots of rain last night. I had a large chain...hooked up...now I'm pulling a Dodge diesel farrier uphill, he has a camper shell with who knows how much weight in back all his tools, shoes, etc packed to top.
I put mine in 4x4 low...barely gave it the gas, 1,500 rpm...mine never burped! It pulled him out easily, his back wheels dragging he forgot left his parking brake on.
Once on the road, eyes big as saucers, he said he could not believe it!!!!!
He wanted to pay me but I insisted no, I paid him for horses.
I've had truck 2 years...doesn't use any oil between changes.View attachment 678314 20201130_160147.jpg

/ F150 was today's hero #2  
Cool testimony! Noticed the “Farm” plate. I figured it’s not registered for road use but are you required to put such plates like that?

/ F150 was today's hero #3  
I have a 93 f150 I bought new. It was my daily driver for 17 years and is now my hunting/farm truck. It has been a great truck and has been used as a truck. The closest thing to a major repair is the AC compressor. The motor and transmission have never been touched. We have miles of logging roads and old blue just idles along in four low without spinning a tire.

/ F150 was today's hero
Cool testimony! Noticed the “Farm” plate. I figured it’s not registered for road use but are you required to put such plates like that?
Yes. I of course have insurance though.

/ F150 was today's hero #5  
Wow I thought you would of harnessed up a team and made them work for their keep.......:laughing:

/ F150 was today's hero #6  
Well played Fuddy.

You've got one of my all time favourite light-truck engines there. Pretty funny, it towing out a modern diesel that costs the the better part of $100k (CAD).

Rgds, D.

/ F150 was today's hero #7  
As you indicated in another thread, that 300 was a good engine. It may not set you back in your seat, but it keeps on chugging along and gets the job done.

/ F150 was today's hero #8  
Well played Fuddy.

You've got one of my all time favourite light-truck engines there. Pretty funny, it towing out a modern diesel that costs the the better part of $100k (CAD).

Rgds, D.

A 300 6 banger out towing a modern diesel... lol. You might have some chance against a no turbo diesel from the 80s but even a 20 year old turbo diesel would run circles around you. A modern 6.7 is literally no comparison.

/ F150 was today's hero
A 300 6 banger out towing a modern diesel... lol. You might have some chance against a no turbo diesel from the 80s but even a 20 year old turbo diesel would run circles around you. A modern 6.7 is literally no comparison.
?
Not sure I understand. It did what it did. Of course I understand the torque is probably a 10:1 ratio, and the Ford six probably has 150 hp., but it got the job done.
Like our farrier said, his loaded truck's weight I'd hate to guess.

/ F150 was today's hero #10  

Not out towing but towing out. Big difference.