Explain Your Username

/ Explain Your Username #1  

brokenknee

Platinum Member
I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now, just joined today. When I join a new forum my first post is explain your username as a way to introduce myself. On another forum I frequent someone started a similar thread and you find out some interesting things about people.

I will start; brokenknee, I didn't really start reading and participating in forums until a couple of summers ago when I fell off a ladder pulled some 2X8s down on top of me, one hit my knee just right (or wrong) breaking my lower tibia plateau.

I was off work for 4 months with very little I could do. So when I joined my first forum I thought my surgery scare would make a good avatar. so I became brokenkee.

I am fine now and back to work. Thank God for insurance; surgery came to almost $50K. I was also lucky enough to have purchased disability insurance through work.

/ Explain Your Username #2  
I guess my username needs no explanation.

/ Explain Your Username #3  
I live on a lake called Lake Pilon, named, no doubt after a Mr Pilon who is supposidly the surveyer that subdevided the then unnamed lake.

We have lots of loons here hence the name PILOON

/ Explain Your Username #4  
Welcome to TBN.

My username is the result of my stupidity - I didn't realize I was entering my first initial and last name as the name to be displayed on all future posts when I joined TBN. I tried to change it, but couldn't figure that out, either. I guess since Roy uses his name, it's really no big deal, but I would have rather have had some cool handle, like brokenknee.

/ Explain Your Username #5  
Mine is just my nick name from high school.

/ Explain Your Username #6  
Just like a very large guy is sometimes nicknamed "Tiny" by his friends, a mostly bald guy can be called "Curly".

And that is the true story of how I came to be called "CurlyDave".

/ Explain Your Username #7  
Ive just always liked seat time on my Dad's 3720 so it kinda seemed like a good user name.

/ Explain Your Username #8  
It took years to learn how to spell and write mine so I just keep using it over and over vs. trying to learn a different one:thumbsup:.

/ Explain Your Username #9  
Brokenknee, I had a brain fart and kept thinking "wounded knee" as I read your post and was assuming you were First Nations.

Cami is pretty obvious with me being Cameron. It started years ago with some Filipino coworkers. I always wondered if cami sounded like something funny in Tagalog.

/ Explain Your Username #10  
The day i signed up on here i had just dragged home a Cat D7E from the bush that needed a bit of TLC and an engine rebuild ..! First thing on my mind ..lol