Sickle Bar Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #1  

JC4HD

Gold Member
Live in Lower Hudson Valley Tractor used mostly in
Tractor
Sold the 4310 downsized to a JD 2320 - Purchased from K.C. Canary (HRT) in Fultonville, NY
I will be getting a JD 4310 this month with a 430 fel and a 48 BH... a must purchase for me is a Bar and Sickle attachment. What do they go for ($) and any recomendations as far as brands go? we (I) have about 3 miles of roadside to "maintain" (both sides) that is very uneven so the capability to lift (angle) and lower is a must!

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #2  
As an old timer, I thought my NewHolland 451 was great - but now I hear them Italians have come forward with a crop of scissor-action (dual moving blade) units that are ooohhhhh so nice. Eno-agricola Rossi (the Italian version of Heston? and others. Thought to have improved on sliced bread.

Enjoy that new rig.

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #3  
Jim,

<font color=blue>What do they go for ($) and any recomendations as far as brands go?</font color=blue>

JD used to carry a JD brand 350 sickle bar mower. A couple years ago a dealer priced one out for me at $4,500. These are very expensive. Talk to Mark Brucker. He still may have access to these discontinued models....or he may have other suppliers he now has access to.

Bob

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #4  
I've got both a NH 451 and a Rossi. The scissors action of the Rossi beats the NH 451 hands down.I spend more time mowing and less time clearing jams with the Rossi. It'll also give you the cutting range you need above and below horizontal.

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #5  
Darren,

What's a good retail price for a Rossi? What did you pay and any idea of distribution outlets?

Bob

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #6  
I orginally saw the sickle bar at a Fairmont, WV John Deere dealer that defrauded me on some repairs on two separate pieces of equipment. I went to another dealer and they ordered it from Cummins and Bricker.

I think the number for C&B is 1-800-252-1552. They have locations in PA and NY. Cost should be under $3k. There's another post on the board where at least one wrote that several Italian makes are being imported. It might pay to look around.

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle
bargeron,
Any Idea of a website they may have or a name of a distributor?

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #9  
Hi, the Rossi web site is <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.enoagricolarossi.com/english.html>http://www.enoagricolarossi.com/english.html</A>

The sickle bar mowers are under the "hay line machine" heading.

/ Experience with 3 Point Bar and Sickle #10  
bargeron,
Any Idea of a website they may have or a name of a distributor?
American Equipment LLC is where I just got my Enorossi 150 sicklebar assembled and installed for @ 4Gs$. They are in Manchester NY right off the Thruway exit. kseymour