Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #61  
Calculate what you think the price should be......make a counter offer of that. If that offer is refused you may [or may not] get another price from the dealership. Then decide if you should walk away

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #62  
So that tells me he was out to rake you over the coals in the beginning.
. The fact that he took off another $500 on top of beating them...
Why do people always think there are shenanigans going on to beat the customer to death?
I know there may be arrogance going on with some dealerships but there are those who attempt to do right by the customer and to their company existence.
People who sell stuff would like to get as much as they can. People who buy stuff want to spend at least as possible.
That's just humaness. Not a single person here would think differently if they owned a dealership or became a buyer for product.

Things are ever moving at this juncture. Even within a couple of days, a dealership may get notification of an additional rebate or some other incentive to help move product.
Could be that $500 difference may have been absorbed by such.
As a for instance, where some auto dealerships were getting 5 or $6000 over sticker, Mazda was offering a $400 incentive but they were getting just about sticker for their cars.

It has become that dealerships who are not marking up their cars, have become the angels of the industry even when dealing with sticker prices.
that's because as a society, we were used to negotiating prices.
Times change and adaptations of thought process becomes a regularity or else more and more people will be on Prozac or such.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #63  
Go hit up Perrin Equipment in Tifton GA. They are my go to and I’m over two hours away from them, as mentioned family business although they are a large dealer.
Or Southern Tractor in Valdosta Ga. Long drive though for you. Family owned, actually family farmer owned with three dealerships. The family has done impressively well for themselves and our community.

Last edited:
   / Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #64  
Calculate what you think the price should be......make a counter offer of that. If that offer is refused you may [or may not] get another price from the dealership. Then decide if you should walk away
A reasonable approach.
Our Aturna mats ( mats used so equipment won't tear up grass) were $235 per mat last year. Now they are $365 for the exact same product. They use petroleum in their construction. The freight for the same loads we would get last year, is now $1800 more.
As a business, you can only absorb so much. As a business, you always attempt to ingratiate the customer for continued success. The conflict of these two agendas has never been so hard to juggle.
As a business, we feel badly for the consumer while being at wits end to protect the customer and employees and their families.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #65  
I think some frustration can rightfully fall at the marketing...

A well intentioned tractor buyer goes online and builds his tractor selecting option and when done has a fully configured tractor at MSRP to present and franchise dealer...

Walks into dealer and finds the Dealer price thousands more or it takes several visits to even get to price...

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #66  
Or Crosby Equipment in Douglas Georgia.
My Kubota came from Crosby in Douglas, or I should say through. My local dealer worked out a dealer swap or something with them but he didn’t say exactly where he got it. My dealer just stuck his decal over Crosby’s. Oops.

Last edited:
   / Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #67  
It doesn't have to be shenanigans or dishonesty. It can just be a matter of bad business which in turn can be a matter of incompetence or being overly aggressive. We don't have to put a moral label on the process. And it doesn't really change anything anyway. I don't care whether the problem is dishonesty or incompetence or high overhead.....I'm not going to do business there anyway.

I have only ever bought one tractor. It was new. A Kubota. It was 17 years ago....so probably isn't relevant to today. I lucked out with the dealer. Straight shooter. Great price. Zero % interest. Great product and package. So good in fact that a neighbor immediately bought the same model from them when he heard my deal and a TBN member from up north drove down here to buy one from this dealer when I posted my purchase here. I was semi famous at the dealer for a moment as their best salesman.

I'm looking for another tractor now. Five minutes at the Kubota and JD websites and there is no chance whatsoever of me buying new.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #68  
My Kubota came from Crosby in Douglas, or I should say through. My local dealer worked out a dealer swap or something with them but he didn’t say exactly where he got it. My dealer just stuck his decal over Crosby’s. Oops.
So far my little bit of dealings has been good with them, walked in told the salesman what I wanted, he sat down and handed me a quote across the desk, we agreed as I had already price checked several other dealers and the difference was substantial, whole thing done in under 1 hour, kinda the way it should be.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #69  
Why do people always think there are shenanigans going on to beat the customer to death?
I know there may be arrogance going on with some dealerships but there are those who attempt to do right by the customer and to their company existence.
People who sell stuff would like to get as much as they can. People who buy stuff want to spend at least as possible.
That's just humaness. Not a single person here would think differently if they owned a dealership or became a buyer for product.

Things are ever moving at this juncture. Even within a couple of days, a dealership may get notification of an additional rebate or some other incentive to help move product.
Could be that $500 difference may have been absorbed by such.
As a for instance, where some auto dealerships were getting 5 or $6000 over sticker, Mazda was offering a $400 incentive but they were getting just about sticker for their cars.

It has become that dealerships who are not marking up their cars, have become the angels of the industry even when dealing with sticker prices.
that's because as a society, we were used to negotiating prices.
Times change and adaptations of thought process becomes a regularity or else more and more people will be on Prozac or such.
Umm, because there are.

/ Experience at Kubota dealer - central Florida #70  
It’s understandable for business to maximize revenue…

The auto industry was plagued for years but window sticker including market value added amounts clearly shown goes a long way to the relationship.

We don’t know what we don’t know…

A good dealership desires to build long term relationship and I find this most prevalent with family run business where they are in it for the long haul instead of here today and somewhere else tomorrow.

I grew up around the car business and it sure made a difference my grandfather’s name was on the sign in front.

He had some very difficult sales that turned into dozens of sales… often a won over difficult buyer is your best word of mouth advertising.

Heck we were selling to grandkids of customers grand dad sold to in the 50’s

I really believe the revolving door so common in business is a negative…

To the day grand dad passed away his business card carried his home address and phone number.

Update... last night needed a new battery after 18 years for the BX23 and in a pinch went to O'Reilly and the manager recognized my name... She was 16 and bought a 68 Camaro off the Used lot in 1973 and I said was it Silver and she said yes... small world plus she gave me the trade discount.

Last edited: