Expectant Montana owner

/ Expectant Montana owner #1  

TillerofdaEarth

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Montana 5740 w FEL
Should be a new 5740 with FEL & 7' rotary cutter sitting in the yard next Friday, ready to go to work!

Been needing a tractor around here for years and I am pretty excited about finally having one.

/ Expectant Montana owner #2  
I think you are going to be very happy with the 5740. I have a 5740C with almost 90 hours and so far no problems. It is a great tractor and worth every dime.

I bet next week is going to be the longest week of your life!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Expectant Montana owner
Hi California. Yes, it is going to be a long week...lol By the way, great pics of your machine in action!

This tractor will serve me well I am sure. The only reservation I have is the FEL. It just doesn't look beefy enough to handle the HP of this tractor, although I have seen some pics; that Maka posted; that seem to proove other wise.

Have you noticed any tendency of the loader arms wanting to twist or flex during some heavy digging or lifting of an uneven load in the bucket?

/ Expectant Montana owner #4  
Hello Tiller. I am sure you will be pleased. The loader is good and I have not seen any problems with them flexing or twisting. Unclebuck here has a 5740C and he is near you. He can probably give some input on this.

Congrats on the new Montana.

Maka

/ Expectant Montana owner #5  
I routinely carry large poly-totes full of water. I fill them to just under the capacity of the FEL (about 2000#). They are 250 gallon totes so that leaves lots of room for sloshing around and I haven't noticed any movement.

/ Expectant Montana owner
Maka and jc, thanks for the feedback.

Stopped by the dealer on the way to work and had another look. I think the loader will be ok. Noticed that the 72 inch bucket will not quite cover the "fat" rear, R4 tire tracks. Should not be to much of a problem, but wish it was 78" wide instead.

Delivery time of Thur. or Fri still on schedule. Can't wait!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Expectant Montana owner #7  
Great! I know you will be pleased. Remember to post some pictures of your new machine. Again, congrats on the new Montana.

Maka

/ Expectant Montana owner #8  
The FEL is Quick-Attach compatible with all attachments that fit on skid steers (Bobcats, etc.) so you can easily find a wider bucket if you need one.

/ Expectant Montana owner #9  
Hello TillerofdaEarth

I have noticed the flexing in the FEL arms. I have picked up some monster rocks and moved them and have seen the arms flex.

It appears the arms flex because of the quick attach setup, however I have not had any problems. It is better to flex and not break. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So far there has not been any distortion of the FEL arms and I have moved lots of rocks so I don't think you will have any issues.

Well only one day to go and you will see for yourself. Enjoy your new Montanna and post some pictures when you can. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Expectant Montana owner #10  
Hello Tiller,

I've been real busy so today was the first time I saw your post. You see where I live and I got my Montana 5470C from Cody too. Tell that rascal "Hi" from me will you! He's a very HONEST person to do business with too. You'll enjoy that Montana. Mine runs great and does anything I ask of it. Fact is, I'll be trailering mine down to your town here pretty quick for a general checkup.