Exhaust

/ Exhaust #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
My exhaust pipe angles toward the ground and every time I drive across dirt I get blasted by a cloud of dust. It's really bad when bush hogging with high rps's and slow speed.

I'm thinking of cutting the turn out off and leaving it open straight to the front. I'm worried this will just fill up with branches and leaves.

I also thought about having a new tip installed facing straight out, or routing it out and up.

Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Exhaust #2  
Eddie,

We "fix" the exhaust on every Branson we sell before it leaves the lot. It is on our pre-delivery checklist. Branson is aware of the issue and plans to get it changed, but sometimes change is slow. In dusty environments, it is a real issue.

If you have a MIG welder and can weld thin material this is easy. Remove the pipe from the tractor (three bolts), cut it right through or adjacent to the weld that affixes the lower bracket to the pipe, buff the paint off the pipe near the cuts, rotate the pipe slightly so it goes almost straight out, then MIG weld it back together. The weld is right back over the bracket weld and can't be seen unless you are really looking for it. Then paint with BBQ semi-flat black. Takes 30 minutes if you work slow. We've done more than 60 of these so far this year and it works great.

/ Exhaust #3  
cut to size
file to fit
and paint to match !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Exhaust
Dave,

Thanks, thats just what I'll do.