Excel Guru's

/ Excel Guru's #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
Excel Guru\'s

I am trying to copy a cell from one worksheet to another. I know you can do it but can't remember how. I have used the excel help even on the web and when I type in my question every thing else comes up but my question.

I just want to copy within the same file I have two worksheets and I want to take the contents from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2. Can anyone help me here?

murph

/ Excel Guru's #2  
Re: Excel Guru\'s

I ussually just hightlight with a left click and copy with a right click [you can do the latter with the pull down menu as well in your edit group on the tool bar].

Paste can right click as well, but if you wan't the values only, you may want "paste special" under edit.

Good Luck!

/ Excel Guru's #3  

Murph,
You're trying to copy the whole first worksheet and paste the info the second? Or just copy one cell?

/ Excel Guru's #4  

Good question inspector! Almost forgot I sometimes use "copy sheet". I should have noted earlier that paste special can likely be found in the right click drop down too.

/ Excel Guru's

Just one cell. I have tried the cut and paste but that does not work. I originally thought that was to way to do it.

murph

/ Excel Guru's #6  

Save a copy of the original under a different name and then delete what you don't want!

/ Excel Guru's #7  

For a single cell:

In the sheet you want it copied to, syntax is:
='sheet name'!from sheet cell number

= sign then in single quotes the from sheet name then the exclaimation point then the cell number

Brian

/ Excel Guru's #8  

Should work, unless you want or specifically do not want any links or formatting. Then, you'll need paste special to check and uncheck the thing you do/don't want.

/ Excel Guru's

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For a single cell:

In the sheet you want it copied to, syntax is:
='sheet name'!from sheet cell number

= sign then in single quotes the from sheet name then the exclaimation point then the cell number

Brian )</font>

Bc, you the man. It works. Thanks.

murph

/ Excel Guru's #10  

Right Click the cell, "Copy". Then move to worksheet 2 and highlight cell you want to paste to, right click, "Paste Special" and choose what you want to paste.....values, formats, formulas etc. Unless you want worksheet 2 to update everytime worksheet one is changed, then use the instructions posted above /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif