Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one?

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #1  

PsRumors

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
After weeks or reading I have narrowed my list down to two aerators / pluggers, the EA v2.0 and the Landpride CA15. Whichever one will be used behind my Deere 1025r so I am limited to about 600lbs.

I have two main questions about aerators in general that night manufacturer has really answered.

1 - The EA is 500 lbs (no need to add weight but can't remove weight) and the LP is 200 lbs but weight can be added. I like the idea of not having to deal with adding weight but would one ever need the aerator to be lighter?

2 - The EA has a drum with replaceable spoons while the LP has individual gangs with replaceable spoons. The LP literature states the individual gangs make turning without tearing up the lawn easier bit the literature also states you shouldn't turn with the spoons in the ground as they may break. So is there advantages to the gang or drum types?

Also I am curious if anyone here owns the Everything Attachments Tractor 3 point hitch Core Plugger, Lawn Aerator and if so what do you think about it?

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #3  
To bring an old thread back - anyone every buy or use one that can offer an opinion?

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #4  
I bought the Leinbach aerator from EA. It works fine for me, but its critics would say that the spoon type is the only way to go due to compaction. 265.JPG

I add about 30 gallons of water which raises the weight from 337 lbs to 440 lbs. In the fall or at other times I drain the water onto a Blue Spruce that needs it. The spikes don't break off or need service. Works great for overseeding. In the attached pic it was being used as ballast for the moment.

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #5  
Thanks - never gave it a thought, it would be a decent ballast!

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #6  
I bought the Leinbach aerator from EA. It works fine for me, but its critics would say that the spoon type is the only way to go due to compaction.View attachment 493466

I add about 30 gallons of water which raises the weight from 337 lbs to 440 lbs. In the fall or at other times I drain the water onto a Blue Spruce that needs it. The spikes don't break off or need service. Works great for overseeding. In the attached pic it was being used as ballast for the moment.

Last I checked, water was @ 8#/gal. 8x30=240. JS.

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #7  
Last I checked, water was @ 8#/gal. 8x30=240. JS.

Geeze, I must have quoted the different build sizes of the Spiker/Aerator as empty. Thanks for the correction.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Everything Attachments Plugger / Aerator v2.0 - anyone own one? #8  
FYI the weights that manufacturers list are not always accurate so don't make your decision based on the weight listed on their websites.