Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
I bought a force logic press tool for copper pipe and PEX fittings. When they installed my new Furnace they used Viega Crimp fittings and no solder joints. Same thing when they added heat to my office in the basement-all press fittings. I like to be able to fix just about anything in my home and with out the tool I felt helpless. I do have the solder kit but I am not good with soldering.

So I bought the tool, first I will be using it to replace all the defective valves in my home and adding a new water tank -both are 30 year old setups - and whole house filter that is wifi capable. I dont think Im crazy...just like to be independent.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #2  
I bought a force logic press tool for copper pipe and PEX fittings. When they installed my new Furnace they used Viega Crimp fittings and no solder joints. Same thing when they added heat to my office in the basement-all press fittings. I like to be able to fix just about anything in my home and with out the tool I felt helpless. I do have the solder kit but I am not good with soldering.

So I bought the tool, first I will be using it to replace all the defective valves in my home and adding a new water tank -both are 30 year old setups - and whole house filter that is wifi capable. I dont think Im crazy...just like to be independent.

Unless "everyone" pays your bills, it's really none of their business. If you have $2000 to spare, and you want to spend it in a certain way, then you deserve it. Sometimes you have to buy something just because you want it. I spend my money pretty much how I want to, and except for Sharn Jean, the rest can go butt a stump. I have a 1960 Chevy sitting in the shop, and all it does is sit there and look nice. It doesn't make me a dime.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #3  
Yup, if they don't earn your $2k for you, they don't get to say how you spend it.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #4  
It's probably cheaper than the cheap tool that doesn't quite do it properly then you have to buy another one that does, I never buy cheap tools for that reason.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #6  
I'm in the "It's your money" camp.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #7  
My plumber replaced several leaking copper fittings on my boiler with a Ridgid crimping tool. Said it cost a lot to buy and maintain (needs factory calibration after a certain number of crimps) but that's all he uses now. You bought the tool, I paid the plumber. Not sure which of us is crazy!

I like PEX as the tools are much cheaper, but the copper crimper was impressive.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #8  
My son asked why I spent so very much on my new Taco Wagon(2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon). I could have got a brand new half ton for a whole lot less.

There are two major reasons - I've always wanted a Power Wagon & I've yet to figure a way that I can take it($$$) with me.

I'm firmly in the camp - you got the $$$ - use it however you want.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #9  
That’s nothing. I dropped $22,000 on my plasma table and plasma cutter for my shop toy. Ive had 10 years plus of work out of it and still going strong.

/ Everyone things Im stupid because I paid 2,000 for a tool #10  
How fast does the value of the tool depreciate?
You probably still have most of the $2000. It’s not like you bought a truckload of cantaloupes.