Ether

/ Ether #81  
WD-40 works as well as ether, and provides some degree of lubrication.
I was using it to clean the air filter on my brush saw when working in snow... then had to have the crank bearings replaced. The mechanic claimed that the crankcase was full of some gray powdery substance.

/ Ether #82  
Did you get an explanation of what happened there?

/ Ether #83  
I haven't had to use spray to start a vehicle for AGES!

/ Ether #85  
No fit needed.. it's a 30 yr old Deere that is designed for an "ether" shot to start.. likely no glow plugs to cause the problem.

/ Ether #86  
Here's an either shot for you guys to have a fit over!

JOHN DEERE 210C LOADER FOR SALE. - YouTube

Our 1983 310B backhoe once had a similar ether option but the line to the engine was broken long ago it seems. It gets really mad at when when I start it below 40F degrees. Heck I get mad at me if I have to use the open platform BH when it is below 40F. :)

/ Ether #87  
My 2020 has the injection port for ether below the steering wheel on the right side. I've used it several times. I reckon they put it there for a reason. Any of the starting fluid cans I've bought have removable caps, just take it off and it will fit in the port, no need to screw it in, you don't want that much ether anyhow, just a shot will do after you've got it cranking. Was told by the JD shop to only inject ether after you've got the engine turning over. They said it's prone to blowing holes in the pistons if you inject too much and then try to start it. It works for me when I need it. I also have the coolant heater, that usually works easier but it takes a while to warm up the engine.