Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #161  
We are in the path of totality, wouldn't have an issue with anyone parking in field. I've said it might be a good revenue source, but for this, it's not me. There are BnB's offering weekend packages that city dwellers might cough up $1000 for. 2 nights, 2 meals a day, a "guest" speaker etc.
And yes, our media is just like yours, prepare, prepare, prepare. Kinda like when Y2K was happening.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #162  
That’s crazy. I’m surprised people are so bold to publicly advertise what is sure to be large amounts of unreported income like that.
Maybe I worry too much. I’d wake up fearing the city or someone local with the IRS would take notice
Easy fix. Report it. I don't know how big the lot was where he was going to park the cars but If he got 50 cars in there that would be $10,000 in one day. I wouldn't mind paying income tax on that. I would see having to clean up a lot of trash, renting some porta potties, liability insurance, etc. I wouldn't want 50 cars in my yard but if it was a cleared lot, and I could net $7,500 in a day without too much trouble I might.

But I would never pay someone $200 to park and watch the eclipse.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #163  
We're hovering right around $3 a gallon right now for Regular with Ethanol. It's gone up .20 cents a gallon in the last two weeks.

I've mowed three times so far this year and I'm about out of Ehanal free gas, so it's going to be interesting to see what that costs when I buy some during the week.

The eclipse is freaking everyone out here, so that's gonna drive up prices too. Crazy how the cities and politicians are in a panic over it. I'm not sure if I believe them about so many people coming here to see it, or if they are just being typical nut jobs, and over reacting, so they can brag about doing something.

The local news is telling everyone to stock up on food and fill up your gas tanks before the weekend. It doesn't make any sense to me, but if everyone else is in a panic, it's smart to stock up. I learned that during the great toilet paper shortage!!
Yeah, regular was $3.01 when I filled yesterday, $3.05 last week, and $2.52 last month. The summer blend must be out.

/ Ethanol Free Gas
I wasn't very interested in the eclipse until the schools started announcing that they would be closed and some cities Declared Emergencies to handle all the people expected to be in those cities. Austin seems to be just shy of total panic over the eclipse.

My clients are going to a big church BBQ for it, so I'm taking the day off and hoping to enjoy a 3 day weekend.

My wife bough the glasses to see it, and a filter for our cameras. So now I guess we're going to make a "thing" out of it.

According to the map, we're at the edge of the total eclipse. My other farm in Mabank is pretty close to dead center, but it's 62 miles away and I'm not going to drive that far to see if it's any better there then it is here.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #165  
Yeah, regular was $3.01 when I filled yesterday, $3.05 last week, and $2.52 last month. The summer blend must be out.
$4.29 regular with ethanol here now. Ethanol free is $4.77.
The Governor put a 50-cent tax on each gallon for climate, falsely telling us it would cost pennies and the oil companies would pay it. Well, we know how that worked, the oil companies passed it on to the pump price. That legislation goes on the ballot later this year and I hope it fails. Mostly the money flows into the big cities for public transportation, bike lanes, EV chargers, etc. That is all good, but the big cities should pay for those. Some trickles out to the rural counties, but it is so small nothing happens.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #167  
$4.29 regular with ethanol here now. Ethanol free is $4.77.
The Governor put a 50-cent tax on each gallon for climate, falsely telling us it would cost pennies and the oil companies would pay it. Well, we know how that worked, the oil companies passed it on to the pump price. That legislation goes on the ballot later this year and I hope it fails. Mostly the money flows into the big cities for public transportation, bike lanes, EV chargers, etc. That is all good, but the big cities should pay for those. Some trickles out to the rural counties, but it is so small nothing happens.
It’s that way everywhere. The rural areas always get the crumbs left over. I live in southern Santa Fe county. Santa Fe (state capitol) is in the northern part of the county and gets almost all of the tax dollars, and we might get a road graded occasionally or see a sheriff pass by in the rural areas.

Last edited:
   / Ethanol Free Gas #168  
That’s nuts.
1/2 of that is just tax imposed by your government.
I imagine you already know that…
And we have refineries and reserves ..

/ Ethanol Free Gas #169  
It’s that way everywhere. The rural areas always get the crumbs left over. I live in southern Santa Fe county. Santa Fe (state capitol) is in the northern part of the county and gets almost all of the tax dollars, and we might get a road graded occupancy or see a sheriff pass by in the rural areas.
Then you can imagine what it's like in the northern part of the state.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #170  
It doesn't make any sense to me, but if everyone else is in a panic, it's smart to stock up. I learned that during the great toilet paper shortage!!
Which one? 1973 or 2020?
Try to stay stocked up for a 6 month "crisis" on non-perishables. Buy in bulk.
Taught by my Grandfather.
Now it seems that that practice is termed being a "prepper", I always just thought
it was prudent.