Enter Button / Starting Sequence

/ Enter Button / Starting Sequence #1  

xtechgeek

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
Hey guys,

I have a 2 year old 5600 toolcat. Normally when I hit the enter button, the system beeps, starts the glo-plug count down and then I press the start button to start. Right now, when I hit the enter button I get nothing. I get get the instrument panel to light up if I hit other buttons, but the enter does not seem to be recognized. Just wondering if I have a bad keypad or did I get the panel in some weird mode?

Dealer says I should have it towed in and panel replaced :(

regards,

Cory

/ Enter Button / Starting Sequence #2  
I'm just wondering if disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes would reset the CPU? If you can't start it, the brakes will be locked up and it will have to be winched onto a trailer. To remove the keypad panel, the manual says you unlatch clips at each end by reaching behind the dash.

/ Enter Button / Starting Sequence #3  
Also, I don't know how cold it is where you are, but, when it gets cold those touch pads get stiff. Maybe try a hair drier to see if it helps?

/ Enter Button / Starting Sequence
Thanks for the input. I forgot to mention the Toolcat is stored in a heated garage. I did disconnect the display/controller overnight, re-connected, and still the same issue. I tested the individual keys on the keypad to verify the button functions; it does. The CPU does not seem to be responding to the input.

Next stop - tow/flatbed and the bobcat dealer! I'll update this thread when I get it back in a few weeks.

/ Enter Button / Starting Sequence #5  
I have a 2019 5600 with 160 hours on it I bought used a month ago with the same exact issue. I took it to my local dealer in Dixon Illinois. They had a software update for it and found a bent prong on a connecter in the wiring harness that occurred during assembly. That fixed it. I've left it out in 0 degree weather and it has started every time.

/ Enter Button / Starting Sequence #6  
Same thing happened to me and i asked dealer to swap out with key.