Electrical question about tractor

/ Electrical question about tractor #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I have a Kubota M8540 Narrow and am going to hook up an electronic sprayer control for my airblast sprayer. Currently my sprayer has no electronics and the new controller is a TeeJet brand. I have no problem hooking everything up but what I am trying to find out is this, the controller calls for a maximum draw of 10 amps. I have a 30amp socket inside the cab (takes a special plug I would have to buy from Kubota). It also has a standard 12v outlet like you would have in a vehicle but I don't recall the amperage on that one. I would like to set this up so that I can plug it directly into one of these outlets instead of hooking directly to the battery. I don't believe there would be a problem hooking into it since the controller has its own fuse built in but wanted to run it past you guys first before I buy a plug end.

I need to check the amperage on the one plug again but I don't know if its rated for 10 amps so would the 30 amp plug work for powering my controller system?

/ Electrical question about tractor #2  
The 30 amp power supply will work well. Your operator's manual should give the circuit rating for the other supply, it is probably 8 or 10 amps. Without question I would use the 30 amp supply. The argument could be made that you should go straight to the battery and ensure a good constant power supply with a clean ground.

/ Electrical question about tractor
The 30 amp power supply will work well. Your operator's manual should give the circuit rating for the other supply, it is probably 8 or 10 amps. Without question I would use the 30 amp supply. The argument could be made that you should go straight to the battery and ensure a good constant power supply with a clean ground.

Thanks Rick, that is where I found the one rated at 30 amps. I just didn't remember what the other one was rated at. I have plugs attached to my other tractors for my baler control and they are all attached directly to the battery. It is just annoying running the wires so that they look good and don't get hung up on any brush or such. I just wanted to start setting my tractors up so that it is a lot easier to change controllers between tractors and the plug seems like the easiest way. If I end up having a problem though I will change it to hook directly to the battery. Thanks again Rick

/ Electrical question about tractor #4  
Any socket that has a higher amp rating will do just fine. 10A at 12V does not require heavy wiring. Just make sure you have good connections, and no voltage drop across the connectors.

/ Electrical question about tractor
Just checked, the other outlet in the cab is a 15 amp

/ Electrical question about tractor #6  
Then either would work