electrical problem

/ electrical problem #1  

Chaostamer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 w/ FEL & Kubota M6040 w FEL
I have no power to the lower four fuses on the panel and one of the 50 amp fuses (the one to the inside of the housing). Here is what we did to get here.

We had an issue with the throttle breaking free from its welds. When we opened up the instrument panel to see if we could weld the connections back. We figured out we could and were putting it back to take to my neighbor's house where the welder is. Before putting it back together I adjusted the throttle tension. Then semi-reassembled the panel. Here is where the problem was discovered. When I turned on the key no lights, no glow plugs switched on. However, I could turn it over.

I called my neighbor over who is a first rate mechanic. He cam over and tested the circuits front to back. When he tested the fuses in the main box he found that the top two (main and hazard) have power, but the bottom four don't. When he focused on the two 50 amp inline fuses, he found that the outside one is powered, but there is no power to the one on the inside. He also found that the ignition switch is working but it won't power the glow plug relay. He also found that when putting power back through the system, we could power the glow plug system and start the tractor. When we took that secondary power away, the tractor died.

First question: does anyone have an idea what is going on here?
Second question: does anyone have a location for a wiring diagram on the web?
Third question: can anyone tell me where the power comes from (location and wire color)?

/ electrical problem #2  
Chaostamer said:
I have no power to the lower four fuses on the panel and one of the 50 amp fuses (the one to the inside of the housing). Here is what we did to get here.

We had an issue with the throttle breaking free from its welds. When we opened up the instrument panel to see if we could weld the connections back. We figured out we could and were putting it back to take to my neighbor's house where the welder is. Before putting it back together I adjusted the throttle tension. Then semi-reassembled the panel. Here is where the problem was discovered. When I turned on the key no lights, no glow plugs switched on. However, I could turn it over.

I called my neighbor over who is a first rate mechanic. He cam over and tested the circuits front to back. When he tested the fuses in the main box he found that the top two (main and hazard) have power, but the bottom four don't. When he focused on the two 50 amp inline fuses, he found that the outside one is powered, but there is no power to the one on the inside. He also found that the ignition switch is working but it won't power the glow plug relay. He also found that when putting power back through the system, we could power the glow plug system and start the tractor. When we took that secondary power away, the tractor died.

First question: does anyone have an idea what is going on here?
Second question: does anyone have a location for a wiring diagram on the web?
Third question: can anyone tell me where the power comes from (location and wire color)?

It sounds like your working ignition switch is not working.

/ electrical problem #3  
Knowing your model number MIGHT help a little.

On a general note, it sounds like your keyswitch or the relay that is triggered by the keyswitch is bad.

Aaron Z

/ electrical problem #4  
Could a wire have gotten pulled lose from the ignition switch when you opened the instrument panel ? Jim

/ electrical problem
We have a 3215 model year 2007

I am going to replace the switch today and see what happens

thanks for the suggestions folks!

/ electrical problem
I think we found the problem - a ground wire in the middle of the electrical system was loose. We hope that was the issue anyway.