Electrical Fence

/ Electrical Fence #1  

IH3444

Veteran Member
Has anyone else seen the medical picture of a fellow whom had urinated onto a 200 volt 3 phase electrical fence? It is making the rounds on the email circuit. I am wondering if it is real, or anyone else has been sent them. I can't find any verification info at sites such as snoops. It's hard to fathom a guy could be that stupid, or drunk and stupid. He is burnt to a crisp like a hotdog left on a hot grill for several hours...EEEEOUCH!:eek: I'm not posting the picture. ;) Repeat after me, I will not pee on the electrical fence. :p

/ Electrical Fence #2  
What type of electrical fence are you talking about?? Electric fence to keep animals in runs about 5000-9000 volts, is not 3 phase, and is such low amperage you won't get electrocuted. Not sure about detention facility electric fence, I think that can kill you meaning the amps have to be a lot higher. (I did see some police photos of some idiot trying to steel copper cable and he cut into live high voltage line at a substation. He was dead and his arms about burnt off. He got an honarary mention from the Darwin Awards)

/ Electrical Fence #3  
A simple search on Snopes for "urinating on an electric fence" will give you the truth to the matter. This was caused by short wave therapy not an electric fence.

I do not believe it is legal anywhere in America to have a "3 phase" electric fence.

/ Electrical Fence #4  
From what little I know three phase is 440 volts. Not electric fence type stuff. I have seen someone hit 440 volts three phase. It was an explosion that was over in just a blink of an eye.

/ Electrical Fence #6  
Mythbusters did an episode on this and found out two things. One, it's almost impossible to get a solid stream that will conduct electricy. Under their high speed cameras, you can see how the stream breaks. If you try really, realy hard, you can do this, but you have to be close. The red head guy did it, and while he said he coudl feel it, it wasn't anything significant.

Eddie

/ Electrical Fence #8  
It will keep him out of some past troubles!

It will keep him out of some types of future trouble as well. :eek::D:D:D:D:D

" He is burnt to a crisp like a hotdog left on a hot grill for several hours..."

Is more than apt. Then there is the "tweezers" holding the hotdog.....:eek::rolleyes::D

Later,
Dan

/ Electrical Fence #9  
Heck Fellas.....peeing on an electric fence was a right of passage for many of us farm boys. Of course those were the old "weed chopper" electric fences. We, my brothers and I, would even put Iris leaves on the fence and bury our feet in the dirt, just to see what would happen.

I'm all right, all right, all right, all right............oooppppssss gave up my secret.