electric vehicles

/ electric vehicles #121  
Again, you don't own an EV so your opinions about the pro's and con's of owning and operating EV's are pretty much worthless.

Would you value my opinion on tractors if I never owned or operated a tractor?
Obviously my examples and explanation got lost on you

/ electric vehicles #122  
You can form an opinion on anything. Just that forming an opinion without personal experience won't be taken serious by me.
I've learned more about EV's by owning and operating than I could by reading biased opinions.
Why do you care if people own EV's? How are you offended?
I certainly don’t comment on intricacies of ownership like ride quality, interior quality, owner satisfaction, etc,.. I keep it strictly to the published technical facts, which I use to voice my opinion.
I don’t need to buy a cat , to voice my opinion it wouldn’t be what I want for a guard dog

/ electric vehicles #123  
Battery cars aren’t new technology, it’s actually older than gasoline powered vehicle technology . I’m sure there’s an old photo of horses pulling an early electric battery carriage/car out of the mud too.
Battery cars had their growth, and demise many years ago ending when Henry Ford showed the country he could make a gasoline car for 1/3 the price of a battery car. Some things never change 😂
What we have now, is a resurrection of battery cars by government mandates, not by choice of the public because of a more convenient transportation type.
We have gasoline cars now, that can go 45 miles on a little 7 pound gallon of gasoline, and do it with amazing little emissions. Now that’s some technical advancement
I have owned a lot of motor vehicle in my life time. I have never had one that even came close to 30 MPG much less 47 mpg. Of course the vehicles I owned had doors, windows, heaters and then later air conditioning. Now some of the old bicycles with a two stroke gas helper engine probably got 47 miles to a gallon.

/ electric vehicles #124  
If we save just one person from buying an EV they will regret, it is worth all the verbal abuse we "haters" take...LOL

I will likely regret getting an EV but it could happen in a couple of years. It might work as a second vehicle for most of our driving if fuel gets expensive again. I do not have to own an EV to know it will never work as our only vehicle. But if, he who cannot be named, wins in 2024 and gas goes to less than $2.50, it makes an EV a less desirable choice. Better off with a 35 mpg ICE

Trado, I don't have to own a horse to know it does not make sense for my needs. You might lighten up a bit. Keep sharing the "good news" about your EVs and get converts.

/ electric vehicles #126  
I’ve seen that argument thrown around here by you and another lately to attempt to diminish the opinion of non-owners. Me personally, I know more about electric systems, motors, electronics, and vehicle systems in general, than most average EV owners , so I guess I’m kinda qualified to have an opinion.

But actually, your “logic” should be applied everywhere. It’s great…

If you don’t own guns, you shouldn’t comment or voice your opinion on guns.
If you haven’t done hard drugs, you shouldn’t voice your opinion. No experience
Don’t like pit bulls? Do you own one? No, then your opinion is just conjecture, speculation, 2nd hand news.
This could be applied to everything in life
See how that works?

OH God, I hope you didn't hurt your arm, patting yourself on the back.

/ electric vehicles #127  
Remember who is pushing EV’s along with their manufacturers. ;)
Picking winners & losers.
That’s all you need to know.

/ electric vehicles #128  
Again, you don't own an EV so your opinions about the pro's and con's of owning and operating EV's are pretty much worthless.
I gotta call BS on that statement. Just because you don’t own an EV, doesn’t mean you can’t be extremely well informed and capable of a highly eductated opinion on them.

Tom Brady has a QB coach. Is his QB coach allowed to give him opinions about playing QB? Tiger Woods has a golf coach. Can Tiger’s golf coach give him opinions on golf?

Would you value my opinion on tractors if I never owned or operated a tractor?

Yes, I might. It would depend on how well versed you were on them. Perhaps you are a tractor engineer or designer. Or maybe you run a farm but cant drive tractors because of a health condition.
Or maybe you are a experienced tractor mechanic who repairs them.

I would value their opinions.

/ electric vehicles
I don't need to own an ev to know that I will probably
never purchase one. You can go on the net and find
they cost more than a gas/diesel vehicle, read about
all the problems they are having on the news/net. They
take too long to fill up, compared to a gas/diesel unit.
I can replace a gas/diesel engine a lot cheaper than
replacing the battery in an ev. A young lady reported
on her ev the cost of driving and she said her gas car
was cheaper to operate. toyota first ev mileage was
not even close to what they said and the first maintenance cost $1400 for this price you can have
many years of tuneups for a gas vehicle. Also I have
never had to push my gas or diesel machine in the winter :ROFLMAO:

willy

/ electric vehicles #130  
So we are to believe a statement from a EV manufacture on the safety of EV vehicles ?

But you believe the fake news against EV's.