electric lift and angle for blade

/ electric lift and angle for blade #1  

qwerty15

Silver Member
Tractor
1967 Jacobsen Chief 1000
I was thinking about using electric cylinders to lift and angle my snow plow. What do you think? Is there any place i can get these online?
Frank

/ electric lift and angle for blade #2  
DC electric linear actuators are very acceptable to use for these purposes when no auxilary hydraulics are available. Check out:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.magnetic-drives.com/e/html/00start/01_start_fs.htm/>Click here</A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.linearmotion-ez.com/linearmotion/0052472_0034012_1.html/>And here</A>

/ electric lift and angle for blade #3  
I tried to check them out, but could not get these sites to come up. Maybe will try later.

/ electric lift and angle for blade #4  
Frank,

While a valid solution, you will find them quite expensive if purchasing new.

Go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mcmaster.com/>mcmaster carr</A> and search for "Electromechanical Actuators"

For a 500# force, 12" stroke $322!/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

For the $$$$ you may want to rig up a hydraulic pump & use hydraulic cylinders. A Hydraulic cylinder the same size would cost about $70 new & have more force. I"ve heard of power steering pumps being used for lawn & garden tractor hydraulics.

How's the Cub running after the rebuild?

jrlichina, the links didn't work for me either. Maybe you have a cheaper source.

/ electric lift and angle for blade
I dont have much room to run the hydraulics so i prefer electric cylinders. On another website i was told i could get them as cheap as 15$and could lift 500#.
Actually it wasnt a cub but id love to have one. Its a 1967 Jacobsen 1200 given to me by my uncle. Runs strong!! Pulls wheelies and does burnouts on asphalt. Broke the transaxle a couple times. and rolled it off a small bridge i made. In the future im building my own garden tractor with a loader, power steering, backhoe, and maybe 4wd.

/ electric lift and angle for blade #6  
Check over on the Jacobsen Group on Yahoo, you can probably find somebody with the hydraulic components you need. Jake offered them for the 1200 series as an option.
Wheel Horse tried electric lifts and found them to be more trouble than they were worth.
Chances of an electric actuator surviving in a snow plow turn environment are minimal. If you just want something for a 12 volt lift on a plow, get a jack from a satellite dish and cut it down.

/ electric lift and angle for blade #7  
I have a Craftsman GT 300 tractor I ordered the electric lift through Sears. If you go to sears you will see it in one of there free lawn and garden catalogues. I payed about $400.dollars for it it can lift me barley I way 250 lbs it works with my sleeve hitch and some of the ground engagement tools like my box scraper. It was tuff to lift up with the pull handle it is easy with the electric switch you can also adjust the height and not pull the impliment all the way up or down.
just my two cents David.