Ehydro Oil Change????

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #1  

Kubota 2350

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 JD 3046R Cab ...................... Mower: 2016 Scag Tiger Cat II ZTM
Time to change the Ehydro oil and filters in my JD 4310, If I raise the FEL all the way up will the oil drain out of the cylinders?
Or does it matter, I would like to get as much of the old oil out as possible.
Hate to mix old with the new.

Thanks

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #2  
Time to change the Ehydro oil and filters in my JD 4310, If I raise the FEL all the way up will the oil drain out of the cylinders?
Or does it matter, I would like to get as much of the old oil out as possible.
Hate to mix old with the new.

Thanks

Actually "opening" your cylinders will require more hydraulic oil to be held in the cylinders than closing them. So....more oil will be changed when you keep the loader on the ground. ;)

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #3  
Just let the loader on the ground with the bucket curled up. Change the oil and do not sweat the little amount in the lines and cylinders. It will be fine.

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #4  
Just let the loader on the ground with the bucket curled up. Change the oil and do not sweat the little amount in the lines and cylinders. It will be fine.

^^^^^^
What he said;)

/ Ehydro Oil Change????
Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #6  
If you raise the loader then shut the engine off and then let the loader down you:thumbsup: purge all the oil from the cylinders and because the hydraulic pump is not running the backside of the cylinders will not fill with oil.

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #7  
If you raise the loader then shut the engine off and then let the loader down you:thumbsup: purge all the oil from the cylinders and because the hydraulic pump is not running the backside of the cylinders will not fill with oil.

Clever!

/ Ehydro Oil Change????

This was what I was thinking of doing when I ask the question, just didn't add the part about letting them down without the engine running.

Thanks, that kind of confirms what I was thinking.

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #9  
Not an expert in hyd., but I totally disagree. Either way one side or the other of the cyl will have oil in it and aprox. the same amount on one side or the other unless the tractor has single acting cyls.. Few newer tractors have single acting cyl..The float position merely relieves pressure on both sides of the cyl. without allowing air to enter (an evil thing not wanted in the system). I would have the bucket on the ground merely for safety's sake. If questionable call a dealer and I'm sure they would be glad to help.

/ Ehydro Oil Change???? #10  
Not an expert in hyd., but I totally disagree. Either way one side or the other of the cyl will have oil in it and aprox. the same amount on one side or the other unless the tractor has single acting cyls.. Few newer tractors have single acting cyl..The float position merely relieves pressure on both sides of the cyl. without allowing air to enter (an evil thing not wanted in the system). I would have the bucket on the ground merely for safety's sake. If questionable call a dealer and I'm sure they would be glad to help.

The only way for oil to get to the back side of the cylinder is for it to be pumped there. Moving the lever to the down position will push the oil from the lifting side of the cylinder and that oil is returned to the sump. As the cylinder retracts the down side is filled with air. That is not a problem. Just cycle the cylinders multiple times to work the air out. Should not require more than about 2 times.