EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #21  
Yup. But you know it happens. My point is that "parts fail and just because a part failed on a battery electric device doesn't mean all battery electric devices are pending failures."

There is a lot of cheap junk out there, not unique to battery electric tools. Used to be a lot more cheap junk battery electric trimmers than there are today.

To EGo's credit, their stuff tends to work well. The 14" and 16" chainsaws were underpowered but the 18" is a delightful beast.
Does it cut rice stalks well????

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #23  
So long as you keep the loop sharp that is. You do know how to sharpen a chain I presume?

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #24  
Golly, as if I have never seen a ZTR with a seized engine! Any modest size mower shop has a few dead engines laying around used for parts before being sold for scrap.
But... I've seen a ton of cordless tools with dead batteries that won't take a charge anymore...lol

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #25  
But... I've seen a ton of cordless tools with dead batteries that won't take a charge anymore...lol
Most I have seen were NiCAD or NiMH. My early 18V Worx trimmer batteries were poor. Used 18650 cells. For other reasons I gave it to a needy friend, ”Here are 4 batteries, two are weak but run 10 minutes. When you are ready we can rebuild for $25 or less each.” $&*#(@‘ threw it all away. “Batteries were bad.” Even threw away my fast charger.

But as I have said before my 7 year old EGo 56v 7.5Ah battery still serves well. It runs for 40 minutes and claims to have at least 25% left when placed on charge. Is one of the original which the battery displays a red discharged, or everything above 10% is green. Only way to get better indication is to put it on the charger and let the charger tell me what it sees.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #26  
I hope this isnt your only snowblower or I hope you can shovel your driveway. Typicaly with any blizzard or major snow storm the power can go out also. No power makes for a hard time charging any snow blower.

My neighbor has a 3-4car driveway and has a blue snow "snow joe" I have seen them struggle many 3-4in storms..and that's not including the 4x recharges they have to do.
I have a Generac generator so power is never a problem .... but, I can see your point. I, personally, am not concerned about 3-4 inches. 18-24 inches is a good storm.