EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #1  

KennK

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
After using the EGO 24" two-stage snow blower after a total of 48" of snow fall, I've been looking for a realistic video of its performance on YouTube so others can judge if it will work for them. I think a lot videos show it using the higher speed auger settings that draw down the battery fast. This video gives a very good sense of how we've used our snow blower: At the lowest auger speed, and one or two notches up faster than the slowest (most battery fugal) speed.

The video also gives a good sense of run time and battery recharge time.

By the way, in another video the guy didn't keep an eye on the battery level, ran the snow blower until it stopped with an auger full of snow, recharged the batteries (~2 hrs), and came back out to find the auger frozen and not moving. Something to beware of.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #2  
I ordered one of these.
I have several EGO tools, including one of their older snow blowers.
The older snow blowers aren't self-propelled and I'm getting older. They're good for 6-7 inches of powdery snow, a few inches less with wet snow. It also came with 2 (7.5 A/hr.) batteries
The unit shown in the video is much more capable, came with 2 (7.5 A/hr.) batteries and a dual charger...
Pretty sure the 24" 2-stage blower should work fine for my needs...only downside is it won't be delivered until a day AFTER the 8-12 inches of snow predicted for this Friday (25 February)

If you own EGO tools (I have the string trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw and leaf blower), or plan to go mostly battery powered equipment, this is a worth while way to go...

Last edited:
   / EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video
I ordered one of these.
I have several EGO tools, including one of their older snow blowers.
The older snow blowers aren't self-propelled and I'm getting older. They're good for 6-7 inches of powdery snow, a few inches less with wet snow. It also came with 2 (7.5 A/hr.) batteries
The unit shown in the video is much more capable, came with 2 (7.5 A/hr.) batteries and a dual charger...
Pretty sure the 24" 2-stage blower should work fine for my needs...only downside is it won't be delivered until a day AFTER the 8-12 inches of snow predicted for this Friday (25 February)

If you own EGO tools (I have the string trimmer, chainsaw, pole saw and leaf blower), or plan to go mostly battery powered equipment, this is a worth while way to go...
Bummer. At least it goes together pretty quickly. With a gravel driveway, I used 1x boards under the body to set the skids to 3/4" height. That seems to work well, though after snow blowing on concrete I then have to hand shovel that 3/4" layer of snow.

One characteristic I noticed using my EGO 24" this morning: When you stop the forward drive, release to turn off the motor(s), and manually pull the snow blower backward, if you feel resistance - typically one wheel locked, you need to give the snow blower a slight push forward to release the wheels. After that it moves easily.

If you find the drive wheels slipping, push down on the handle. The added down force does wonders.

After a bit more use I think it throws farther than I had posted when on Eco auger setting. I'm really liking this thing!

To clean it off post clearing, I use a cheap broom (bristles get smashed) and an EGO blower. Blowing hard at the battery compartment from the side will drive a bit of snow into the compartment. I try to only blow downward at the batteries. I just let the batteries dry off as they charge, blow out the inside of the battery compartment, and leave the compartment open for a few days in the garage to dry.

Oh, I raised the handle to the longest length. There are plastic end protectors on the bottom of the upper handle section that kept falling off as I slid it into that position. I finally gave up, left them off thinking they were in the way at that setting anyway, and stored them in a plastic bag with the extra shear bolts I'd bought (two extra come on the snow blower).

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #4  
I've used the Ego 24 inch snow blower for the last 2 winters. It's great. Only complaint is that the blower chute moves/changes direction too easily. I noticed that they have fixed this on the upgraded model sold this current winter. Buy a couple of extra shear bolts before you need them. Two hour charge gets you back to about 90% capacity. Good batteries.
And I put some v-chains on it. Best thing I did to virtually eliminate all wheel slippage.
And the knobs that hold the handles in place were loosening due to vibration. Some duck tape fixed that. Will look into some lock washers if I can remember it.

Last edited:
   / EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #5  
I hope this isnt your only snowblower or I hope you can shovel your driveway. Typicaly with any blizzard or major snow storm the power can go out also. No power makes for a hard time charging any snow blower.

My neighbor has a 3-4car driveway and has a blue snow "snow joe" I have seen them struggle many 3-4in storms..and that's not including the 4x recharges they have to do.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #6  
When it snows it’s typically cold.
My new ION ice auger really is not a fan of the cold.
Not sure how anyone expects miracles by stuffing a battery into another cold weather application.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #7  
Sadly 7.5Ah batteries are about $400 each. Consider one of these for $1100 which includes 2 more 7.5Ah batteries, and the 2 you have are useful on it when not snow blowing. Also it will charge (slowly) all 4 batteries.

I have accumulated a collection of EGo batteries with mower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, blower, and the above PowerStation. 7.5Ah isn't quite enough to mow my lawn so I swap between front and rear, long before it gets to flashing red.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #8  
Sadly 7.5Ah batteries are about $400 each. Consider one of these for $1100 which includes 2 more 7.5Ah batteries, and the 2 you have are useful on it when not snow blowing. Also it will charge (slowly) all 4 batteries.

I have accumulated a collection of EGo batteries with mower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, blower, and the above PowerStation. 7.5Ah isn't quite enough to mow my lawn so I swap between front and rear, long before it gets to flashing red.
Been following along Grumpy and all I can say is, I can buy a boatload of gas or even synthetic fuel (I like Tru-Fuel a lot) for the cost of that and I considered an EGo zero turn last year Looked at them at Home Despot, until I looked at the price. Again, I can buy a lot of gasoline for what one retails for and I already own to ZTR's as it is.

Never happen here.

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #9  
I don't understand the motivation for an electric snowblower. Is it just to avoid maintaining another engine? Doesn't seem like it's due to cost, reliability, power, or performance. ??

/ EGO Cordless 24" Self-Propelled Two-Stage Snow Blower Video #10  
Been following along Grumpy and all I can say is, I can buy a boatload of gas or even synthetic fuel (I like Tru-Fuel a lot) for the cost of that and I considered an EGo zero turn last year Looked at them at Home Despot, until I looked at the price. Again, I can buy a lot of gasoline for what one retails for and I already own to ZTR's as it is.

Never happen here.
You are too smart to be tricked by battery-electric outdoor tools! Too smart to even consider.

I found the EGo mower was much easier to use than my Snapper Ninja. Lighter. Quieter. Never had to take a gas can to the gas station to stink up the trunk of my car. Never had an oil change. Air filter. Spark plug. I hear some people like doing those things, gives purpose to their lives. Meanwhile still using my 7 year old battery.

The $550 EGo and battery simply worked better than the $750 B&S Snapper. Winner might be reversed if I was a lawn service mowing 4 hours/day 5 days/week.

Same for the string trimmer. No 2-stroke premix. No gummed carburetor. No noise. No pull starter.

The chainsaw impressed a good old country boy while we were trail clearing. Brought his beloved Stihl. Quickly got tired of starting it, cutting a branch or two, turn it off, repeat. Saw me pick up the EGo, pull the trigger, cut, set it down. No rope pull start. No noise. Cut every bit as good and fast. Don’t know how long the battery charge lasts, is more than we had stamina or need to cut. Power was about the same. Seems to be about same as his tank of gas.

EGo hedge trimmer was very helpful cutting trail. Better than chainsaw most of the time.

Same sort of thing for cordless drill. Cordless impact driver for lug nuts. Why would anyone consider those over obviously superior corded and air powered tools?

Lately noticed I never see a professional mechanic not have a battery impact driver and/or ratchet within reach. Almost never uses a screwdriver or manual ratchet.

The EGo ZTR for $5000 isn’t that far out of line vs comparable gas ZTRs. But if you wish to compare new EGo ZTR vs Craigslist riding tractor, the EGo makes no sense. “Waste of money!”

EGo was last at Home Depot before the COVID insanity started. Home Depot features Ryobi whose ZTRs list for $5500 to $8600. Again depending on the mower’s abilities those prices are not far out of line with gasoline powered mowers. You can pay more for a sturdier mower. You can pay less for a flimsier mower. The question is how sturdy the Ryobi?

Keep telling yourself how much money you are saving.