eBay/Craigslist EBAY

/ EBAY #1  

buppy69

Platinum Member
Tractor
Hinomoto E2804, Hinomoto N239,
There is a dealer in Asheville, NC advertising factory rebuilt grey market tractors and in some cases grossly exagerating the hp ratings. I don't want anyone to think it's me.

Eugene

/ EBAY #2  
The ones I've seen call a 1100 14 hp, and a 1500 18 hp. The same individual has listed the same tractors several times (unless they have duplicate models and used the same picture). I emailed the seller and they were rebuilt in vietnam.

I thought engine hp was about 20% higher than the pto power so from the ones that I've seen, the estimates are about right.

Maybe I am missing the ones you are looking at.

/ EBAY
I saw an 1800 Mitsubishi with 28 HP!

Eugene

/ EBAY #4  
His current hp ratings seem to be on the mark but they do claim factory reconditioning on every tractor they list.

/ EBAY #5  
Eugene
It is my understanding that the first two numbers in the grey market YANAMR tractors are the "kilowatt rating" of the tractor. Kilowatt X 1.3 something if memory serves gives the H.P. I'm sure the JAPAN manufacurers don't use the H.P. rating system. PTO H.P. would be (more/less?) than drawbar. I have seen american tractors listed that had more PTO H.P. than drawbar H.P.

Just to be contrary /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, consider that the pto operates more or less directly off the engine output. Drawbar H.P. turns all the gears in the transmission and the tires. Traction would seem to play a role on drawbar H.P. output. I guess an "ideal" situation would be needed for the test.

My YM2220D seems to outperform my IH B414 (50pto) in some instances. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif So I guess all this means I'm not sure the dealer is misrepresenting the H.P. rating, I think H.P. is a "grey area" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif on grey market tractors. Sorry for rambling.

Jim

/ EBAY
The HP rating I saw may have been a misprint. My point was there are no "Factory Rebuilt" Yanmars.

Eugene

/ EBAY #7  
What constitutes a factory? We think of "factory rebuilt" meaning the original manufacturing company factory. But technically a 2 or 3 man enterprise that does nothing but rebuild could meet the definition of a "factory."

I know that is not what comes to mind when we think of "factory rebuilt" though.

I do think that the intent to deceive is probably there.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<font color="blue"> Gary </font>

/ EBAY #8  
I think based on the number of reconditioned tractors advertised and being sold, it would have to be a factory operation. I don't think I have seen any advertised reconditioned by (Yanmar). In the area I live there are several operations for reconditioning older ford tractors (9N,8N,600.800) and these tractors bring the top money at auction. Some of the grey market dealers change fluids, repaint and call that reconditioned. Some go a little farther and replace ring,bearings and needed parts. I guess it pays to find out what reconditioning has been done. Just some thoughts.

Rick /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ EBAY #9  
Did you see the one still on a ship? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> The approx. ETA is Feb. 29th, 2003. </font>

/ EBAY #10  
That would be a day too late I fear. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="blue"> Gary </font>