easy mounting bar for extra lights nh tc series

/ easy mounting bar for extra lights nh tc series #1  

jedjoe

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland TC 35A 2004
Most tc series owners seem to find the headlights not very useful for illuminating the work area in front of the FEL. I also like some light on either side of me when working, as well behind me for the 3pt. I didn't want to mount to the upper part of the ROPS, as I sometimes have to fold it down when working in tight spaces. This easy to install (no welding or drilling into your tractor) method has been working great for me for the past two years on my '04 tc35a. A six foot piece of unistrut, some angle brackets and some nuts and bolts are all you need.

The photos attached should be self explanatory. You bolt the unistrut to the brackets on the base of your ROPS. Make sure you use a piece narrower than the total width of your tractor (that way you don't accidently clip your lights in narrow spaces). You can bolt your auxiliary lights right to the unistrut. I was also able to bolt a lightweight toolbox to the unistrut right behind my seat. It sits on the fuel tank but is secured to the unistrut. Very convenient, can be accessed from both the seat and the 3pt area.

I also took a 2x4 bracket (about $2 at the hardware store), straightened out one end, and used it instead of the $40 NH bracket to mount my rear work light (I could have attached it right to the unistrut, but I wanted some extra height).

The whole thing works great. I can pivot the outside lights in any direction I want. I bought the trapezoidal beams that give me the best of both a spot and a flood light. All three lights are 55w, and I've never had a problem with drawing too much amperage. The Rear light has it's own on/off button on top of it, and the two auxiliary lights are wired to an extra toggle switch that fits in the spare switch knock out on the dash (okay, so I did buy the switch from NH, as I wanted it to fit the knock out perfectly).

Attachments

• tractor lights.jpg
    tractor lights.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 444
  • lights bracket detail.jpg
    lights bracket detail.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 405
  • toolbox.jpg
    toolbox.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 345
  • rear light.jpg
    rear light.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 325
   / easy mounting bar for extra lights nh tc series #2  
Nice job. Not only got your lights mounted, toolbox in place, and room to spare. Welcome to TBN. What kind of projects do you have planned for your tractor? Looks like a horse barn in the background.

/ easy mounting bar for extra lights nh tc series #3  
Welcome jedjoe:

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who uses Unistrut (a.k.a. Sillystrut) on his tractor. Check out the link in my signature as I have a Unistrut light bracket shown in the gallery.

/ easy mounting bar for extra lights nh tc series
BTDT: Thanks. Yeah, the unistrut leaves me with space for other options.....hmmm. Any ideas? I bought the tractor in fall '04, same time that I started the barn in the background. i bought my dream farmland back in '98, and in '04 started building my farm from the ground up. We decided to put up the ag buildings (yep, for equine mostly) first, as the house we now live in is only 10 minutes away. Used the tractor to dismantle an 1818 center chimney cape last year for reassembly for our new house on this property. Got in the foundation and masonry work done, well, site work, etc. The ol tc35 has been a bull, doing all kinds of stuff from driveway installation, to move granite slabs, to hauling timbers.

MJNCAD: Yeah, I saw your fantastic job on your Deere. Puts my little job to shame....haha.