Easements

/ Easements #11  
There are interesting power lines on my wife's family farm land.

The power lines run from a major road across their farm land, cross a river, and then to where ever they go. There is a road on that side of the river and my guess is that when the power company was first bringing electricity to the county in the early 1900's, it was faster, easier and cheaper to run the power from this major road, across open fields, across the river, etc than it was to bring power down the secondary road. Mostly likely there were few customers on that secondary road back then.

There is power on that secondary road now but the power poles still cross the family land.

The family members who would know they history of the power lines are all deceased. :(

Later,
Dan

/ Easements #12  
First of all, I knew this going in and it ain't the end of the world but.......I do love to stir things up.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get on the gravy train. I'm too old for a govt job, I doubt I can have a child out of wedlock, and I have emotional issues, free $ would help.
I want my share....and maybe a little more
Can we assume work as a male model is unattainable???

/ Easements
Can we assume work as a male model is unattainable???
Hee hee

I knew 2 male models. One in highschool, swimming suit model.

Built like Tarzan, could eat a big Mac in 1 bite.....if you paid for it!

My ups guy was a hand model!

/ Easements
Highly unlikely. Perhaps for a NEW easement.

You could try getting a break with your county/state government due to perceived value of land. Claiming that the easement lowers your land value and infringes on your rights to use your property to your full extent.
I was pretty much kidding.

I know duke power can't afford to rent my land.

As I said, I knew going in and I'm just making waves but.....

If they send me a check I'm cashing it!

/ Easements
If you've already granted them the easement, then your contract with them is already in effect (at zero).

Could always just send them an invoice though and see what happens.
I met a guy who wrote software to search big companies accounts payable records because, according to him, paying the same invoice over and over and over or paying a phony invoice happens way more than you think.

/ Easements #16  
You say you knew this going in so the following may not apply. Check your deed anyway. If the easement isn't properly recorded, you could have a case.

A few years back, I guy I used to work with bought a 25 acre parcel in the county where I live. He built a nice house and spent a lot on landscaping. Two years later, the power company came in, bulldozed some of the landscaping and set three 100' steel hi line poles across the front of his property. The previous owner granted, and was paid for a easement 11 years prior to the sale of the property. No mention of this was made in the deed or during the closing process. Whether it was willfully done or an oversight was never explained

My irate coworker sued both lawyers & the previous landowner and won a substantial settlement.

/ Easements #17  
Powerline R/Ws are a great place for a Christmas tree plantation... just make sure they know you are doing it so that they don't come through and cut your trees. Other options are cattle, truck gardening, raising pigs, open air strip club-

Well, maybe not that last one. :eek:

Do you ever have raptors building nests in the pole structures? I saw a pole once which had two nests, one old and one new. The old one had so much grass and weeds growing in it that I'm sure the hawks were tending a vegetable garden... 😆

/ Easements #18  
You say you knew this going in so the following may not apply. Check your deed anyway. If the easement isn't properly recorded, you could have a case.

A few years back, I guy I used to work with bought a 25 acre parcel in the county where I live. He built a nice house and spent a lot on landscaping. Two years later, the power company came in, bulldozed some of the landscaping and set three 100' steel hi line poles across the front of his property. The previous owner granted, and was paid for a easement 11 years prior to the sale of the property. No mention of this was made in the deed or during the closing process. Whether it was willfully done or an oversight was never explained

My irate coworker sued both lawyers & the previous landowner and won a substantial settlement.
That's what title insurance is for. Their attorney should have picked up on that before the sale. That's also why it's worthwhile to have a land survey done before building, as the easement probably would have been detected during deed research.

/ Easements #19  
I've got 3 easements, 2 gas and one overhead power. Right now they are highways I use to transit my property. Love the suggestions.
Around here the utilities tend the easements once every 8 years. Next time they come by, I will likely follow up with some Christmas trees.

/ Easements #20  
That's what title insurance is for. Their attorney should have picked up on that before the sale. That's also why it's worthwhile to have a land survey done before building, as the easement probably would have been detected during deed research.
I don't know if my coworker had title insurance or not but that normally covers the purchase price of the property, not the improvements.
Yes, the lawyers should have picked it up but didn't. That's why they were sued along with the seller.