EA grapple not an option now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #101  
Has anyone dealt with Quick Attach from Alexandria, MN? I don't have a tractor but I cut and stack eastern red cedars with a Bobcat, and I've bought 2 tree shears from them and a grapple and I've been happy with them, they seem pretty heavy duty.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #102  
No problems with my American Attachments root grapple. Got a set of forks from them too. Various weights and styles, just need ssqa.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #103  
Does anyone know of an IGLAND dealer in Maine or New Hampshire?
Looking at their GR20 log grapple...

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #104  
I did a brief search. AgDealer.com lists several locations - none in the states you ask about. Unfortunately - the actual Igland web site does not show where their resellers are located.

I suggest - obtain a phone number and call Igland direct.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #107  
Try Labonville in Berlin NH. At one time they carried them, although they may have gone to Norse.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #108  
I would guess - DerMann - it is because most grapple work around these parts involves moving rock, chunks of tree trunk and round hay bales. In these cases - a rock/root grapple seems to functions best.

In my specific case - I have little to no brush to gather or move. It is ALL - rocks - basketball size and up to too large to pick and move. AND - chunks of pine tree trunk. I'm also using my grapple/tractor as a demolition machine. I have several old homestead buildings that are being taken down - gathered up - taken to a burn pile. The shorter, thick tines resist damage better.

Grapples designed to pick and move brush do not fair so well when dealing with rock and tree chunks. Those longer lower lid tines can tend to get bent and broken.

JM

"hurt feelings"? Are you serious?

I thought this was a tractor forum, not a Mary Kay get-together.
I thought it was a tractor forum and not a cult forum ! :rolleyes:

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #109  
I have no reason to doubt that they probably made a nice grapple but the best one in the world is no good to anyone that's looking to buy a new one if they are out of business. I take it that you own one, did your superior EA grapple replace another brand that failed?
yeah, I own one. Had a friend that bought a LP. It self destructed. Kubota told him too bad !. My EA is still going strong and I abuse my things

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #110  
I would guess - DerMann - it is because most grapple work around these parts involves moving rock, chunks of tree trunk and round hay bales. In these cases - a rock/root grapple seems to functions best.

In my specific case - I have little to no brush to gather or move. It is ALL - rocks - basketball size and up to too large to pick and move. AND - chunks of pine tree trunk. I'm also using my grapple/tractor as a demolition machine. I have several old homestead buildings that are being taken down - gathered up - taken to a burn pile. The shorter, thick tines resist damage better.

Grapples designed to pick and move brush do not fair so well when dealing with rock and tree chunks. Those longer lower lid tines can tend to get bent and broken.

JMHO.

Got it. Just brush around here, no rocks.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.