DX 24E Loader and hydraulics

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #1  

mountainair

Does anyone know if the DX24E loader now comes with a bucket level indicator? A local dealer said his loader in inventory is being shown on paper to have a bucket level indicator. Also, I was waiting for Case to change the way they route the hydraulic lines near the pedals and tires. Does anyone know if they made a modification yet? Are there other modifications that this new tractor will need?

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #2  
Don't know about the bucket level indicator. If they do add one, I think it should be the rod and sleeve type, rather than something like what Kubota puts on the BX buckets - that one is pretty worthless in my opinion - I can't level the BX bucket with that indicator any better than my bucket without an indicator.

I know my dealer let Case know about the hydraulic line issue at the pedals, and I'm sure a few others have, so I would assume Case is addressing that issue. It's not a tough one to fix. That hydraulic line issue is the only complaint I had with my machine.

As an FYI to all DX24E owners, make sure that your dealer is clear on which hydraulic filter to use on that machine (the one at the front right of the tranny housing), whether you are doing your own service or having the dealer do it. I had my dealer do the 50 hour service, and they installed the filter for the DX24, which is essentially the same size, except an inch longer than the one for the DX24E - I realized it after I put the MMM back on, and lifted it up and crushed the end of the filter. Hopefully Case will just change to the same size shorter filter for all of the smaller machines to avoid similar future problems.

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #3  
The bucket loader indicator on my DX24E is a sticker on the top of the bucket. Mine is one month old. Useless. Think I will try to JBweld a sleeve on the top of the bucket and slip a yellow fiberglass driveway marker into it /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
FWIW, keep an eye on the temp guage, the front radiator screen will pick up a lot of fine particles if you are mowing in dusty conditions. Can lead to overheating /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Got 11 hrs on the meter so far, lovin every minute /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Joe

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( FWIW, keep an eye on the temp guage, the front radiator screen will pick up a lot of fine particles if you are mowing in dusty conditions. Can lead to overheating )</font>

So far, the most I've gotten the screen covered was while moving 2 1/2 yards of cedar mulch. After washing the tractor at the end of the day, I popped the hood and peeled a 1/4" thick cedar mulch dust mat off the screen - came off nice and neat in one big piece. Fortunately, temps never got too high. The highest I've seen so far is just below half way on the gauge, when I was moving a lot of topsoil for a good hour with the 72" rake - sounded like the transmission was working pretty good, but the motor never overheated.

I've been pretty impressed so far with this machine - I've been working it pretty hard. Turns out that with the first year's worth of work I have, I could have justified a larger compact, but I figured once the real heavy work was done, a sub compact would be better on my current property. I'm at about 60 hours now.

I'm going to try to update my webshots page this weekend - for 2 weekends, I was using my tractor and my neighbor's BX22 side by side, and for another weekend, it was my machine and a JD110 side by side. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #5  
Let me be more discriptive concerning the overheating. After an hour (the second hr.) my wife yells out "what's that liquid dripping down the front"? Stop, shut down, pop hood, overflow tank has popped it's cap. There was no overflow tube to carry the antifreeze away /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif The radiator screen was loaded w/ dust and debris /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Called Bob Wolff, he almost flew over and took the DX back to the shop. Checked what he could, installed the block heater, refiled the antifreeze, installled a overflow tube, cut his grass, no problems. We suspect an air bubble or an overfilled tank.
Since that I have been watching the guage, runs nice and cool.

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #6  
What would be a good price for a DX24E with a 60" MMM, FEL(LA 211) & a Wood's RB60 rear blade?

The price that I got from a local dealer today was $12,900.00

One more question: Will the ag tires tear up my yard? I would rather have the R4 tires, but as you already know they aren't available on this model.

I had originally been considering the Kubota B7510 HSD, but I'm thinking that it might be more tractor than what I really need. I'm only mowing about two acres and will need to keep a 400' driveway cleared of snow in Southern Indiana and we don't get much snow here.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Sullivan

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #7  
Sounds like a real good price for that setup. By the way, the loader is an LX110 - I think the LA211 is the loader on the Kubota BX2230. I've got 70 hours on mine now, and I love it. Actually did some tilling yesterday on an area that I want to plant grass on next spring. It's dirt, not soil, so I wanted to get it churned up and aerated before the snows settle in, so that it'll be a little easier to work when I'm ready to do the lawn prep in the spring.

Mine came in with the turfs - couldn't get the bars from Case, but after a month and a half, I got the bar tires, and love them. I have a lot of dirt work to do, and the bars also did well in our first snowstorm a few weeks back. I've also found that the bar tires don't flatten the grass down as much as the turfs do, so I end up getting a much better looking lawn after a mow with the bar tires. I did notice that the bar treads leave indentations in the soil below when I felt around with my hands, but you can't see it through the grass.

If you have a lot of dirt work to do, I'd get the bar tires - they turn that little machine into a bulldozer. I bought the tires directly from Maxxis - they look to be the exact same tires that Case shows on the pics of the DX24E, and they are the same ones that Kubota puts on the BX23's. They are a little different than the R4's that JD puts on the 2210, but I think those style R4's will hold a lot more dirt and mud in the treads because the bars on that style are spaced much closer together. I can give you the contact at Maxxis if you end up getting the DX24E and want the bar tires. You can see the bar tires on my machine in my pics link below.

/ DX 24E Loader and hydraulics #8