dvd transfered to tablet ? how?

/ dvd transfered to tablet ? how? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
wifes going on a long international flight and wants to watch a few dvd courses on her nokia 2520 tablet. I got her the flip over keyboard cover that has the dual battery in it.. so it 'should have' 8 hrs of run time without wifi or cellular enabled ( airplane mode ).

now.. that said. how do i get a dvd transfered down to something she can watch. Physically copying the file over is no problem.. can put it on a big thumbdrive or sd card or wifi it over ... just getting the dvd off the dis and into an electronic file format is where i need sugestions.

tablet is on win8 or 8.1rt i'm pretty sure.

she leaves next wednesday.. so I need to get on this. :)

thanks

/ dvd transfered to tablet ? how? #2  
I use HOME - Tools4Movies. It works great! It costs $10, but it's worth it with it's ease of use and their great support. I have ripped probably 100 movies off this way and my kids watch them on their tablets all the time from the server. I highly recommend it.

/ dvd transfered to tablet ? how?
interesting.

if I had a mac i'd use handbrake. i've heard of that.

will try winx see how that goes. no extra codex needed....

thanks

/ dvd transfered to tablet ? how? #5  
interesting.

if I had a mac i'd use handbrake. i've heard of that.

will try winx see how that goes. no extra codex needed....

thanks

Handbrake works on a PC as well. I've used it before.

really. the info i saw for it only listed OSX ??

/ dvd transfered to tablet ? how? #7  
The version I have is an old one so maybe it isn't available for Windows anymore?

well, with a lil more looking i did find a link to an x86 version.. grabbing it now, thanks

i have grabbed handbrake and winxdvd.. will see which one i can get working.

now the stupid question.. that i can't find the answer to. what vid formats does win8 rt like?

mp4? wmv ?