Tires Duals

/ Duals #1  

calliesman

Tractor
Cub Cadet 149, 147
Do any of you know how to get the adapter for duals on the rear wheels of a Cub 149?

/ Duals #2  
You don't need adapters...

standard.jpg

Just use long bolts or all thread to bolt the dual to the inside wheel and tighten the bolts/nuts well.

standard.jpg

SR

/ Duals #3  
That method would get duals, but.
On most tires the sidewalls would be in constant contact rubbing and wearing,
also any dirt or grit that got between the tires would be eating at the sidewalls and chewing the tires.
I have had to pry and dig stones out of tractor duals and truck duals,
at times having to unbolt the tire to get them out and they have a gap that allows most trash to pass out.

/ Duals
Thank you. Do you think duals give more traction? Im installing a front blade and keep losing grip.

Thanks.

/ Duals #5  
Duals can provide more traction and floation, is your blade for snow or gravel?
In snow or ice it will not help, dirt or gravel depending on the traction available it should help.

/ Duals
Yes for dirt and gravel. Thanks for the idea on the long bolts.

/ Duals #7  
That method would get duals, but.
On most tires the sidewalls would be in constant contact rubbing and wearing,
also any dirt or grit that got between the tires would be eating at the sidewalls and chewing the tires.
I have had to pry and dig stones out of tractor duals and truck duals,
at times having to unbolt the tire to get them out and they have a gap that allows most trash to pass out.
I think you missed the part about, it's a GARDEN tractor, similar to the one in my pict...

Those duals have been on there for more than15 years, and there is NO side wall wear, there is never a rock stuck between them. It's too light for all of those problems!

SR

/ Duals #8  
If those sideways touch and there is any flex its got to be rough on the tires.
I would add some kind of spacer to prevent tire contact.

/ Duals #9  
Thank you. Do you think duals give more traction? Im installing a front blade and keep losing grip.

Thanks.

They'll probably give you less traction in snow because you'll be spreading the weight of the tractor that's on the rear wheels over twice as much area. You need weight to press the tires down in snow to gain traction. You'd probably get better results with weights and/or chains. I'd go with chains first, but if you have a paved driveway that you don't want possibly marked up, then try weights first.

/ Duals #10  
If those sideways touch and there is any flex its got to be rough on the tires.
I would add some kind of spacer to prevent tire contact.
I did one with spacers, I added big washers with pieces of pipe between them, over the bolts to hold the tires apart...

Totally unnecessary and put more strain on the rims and bolt, so I took the spacers out and never looked back.

It's just too light to worry about rubbing tires, if it was a heavy tractor, then that would be different.

SR