DST.......What do you think?

/ DST.......What do you think? #31  
When I still had a paying job, I loved DST because I had time to do my home chores and do some playtime after work while still in the daylight. Most of the time I worked till 5:30 P.M. so DST allowed me to get home early enough to mow the yard or even go to the lake for some water skiing (in my younger years).
Now that I am retired, I only look at the clock when my dog wakes me before daylight so I can tell him it is too early to get up. I sleep till I want to (or the dog thinks I have slept enough), go to bed when I get sleepy so DST or Std. time makes no difference to me.

/ DST.......What do you think? #32  
At age 71 I get up when the sun comes up and adjust my bedtime accordingly. I have a clock radio on my night stand that I have absolutely no idea of how to set :)

Bottom line- I don't give a **** what day it is let alone worry about DST...........Life is good!

/ DST.......What do you think? #34  
When my work hours were 9 to 6 I never needed an alarm clock... didn't know how good I had it.

The last year working 4:45 am to 1:30 pm forced me to buy an alarm clock and use it!

/ DST.......What do you think? #35  
I believe the best part of being retired is not being a slave to the clock or the telephone.:cool2:

/ DST.......What do you think? #36  
I believe the best part of being retired is not being a slave to the clock or the telephone.:cool2:
Leave it on daylight savings time. Dst was practiced by the Greeks. So WWI was not where it started.

/ DST.......What do you think? #37  
Leave it on daylight savings time. Dst was practiced by the Greeks. So WWI was not where it started.

And look at what the Greeks came to.;)

4274764124_d49dbdb136_b.jpg

Steve

/ DST.......What do you think? #38  
We do. It's called GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). It's what TBN runs.

Also known as Zulu time in the military. :salute:

All amateur radio operators keep in in GMT also or as it is know today as UTC. Universal Time Coordinated. As amateur radio in international in nature you must have a common time to make schedules, predict orbits of amateur satellites etc.