drywood termites

/ drywood termites #1  

polkwrangler

Silver Member
Tractor
1997 L35 kubota
drywood termites in some kitchen cabinets been using premise and termidor foam in cans and drilling holes to pump into ..has anyone else experienced drywood termites

/ drywood termites #2  
You are in Florida, many termites. I'd get the perimeter treatment started now. I did this and it was easy. Buy the concentrate from Termidor. Dig a shallow trench all around your house. Pour in the required amount. If you have the typical sandy soil of FL, should just soak in.

If you have a concrete patio, you will need to drill some hole to treat that section as well.

The problem with treating just the cabinets, they will just move to some other yummy wood nearby. The perimeter treatment kills the colony.

/ drywood termites #3  
Because you are in FL you want to do soil/perimeter treatment like Paddy said.

But, that will do nothing for drywood termites. They have a nice comfy home and no need to go to the soil. If you can find all their colonies you can drill into the wood they are living in and treat otherwise you need to call in pros.

FWIW, I do all my own pest control and would not consider pro treatment normally. That being said, there are things they can do that I can't.

/ drywood termites #4  
I have been using "DEMON" or "CYPER" as it is also labeled. I bought it online from a DIY Pest Supply.
The MSDS claims a 10 year residual for termites.
To treat wood mix with mineral spirits, it soaks in very well.

/ drywood termites
yea I did the termidor around the house in the ground to keep the subtermites out ,but the drywood termites don't live in the ground the swarm by flying sometimes during the spring after a rain.had a preofessional said every house will get termites.if I wanted it tented it would be close to 5000.00 that sucks alot

/ drywood termites #6  
I don't know what brands of termites you get in the SE, but I have had drywood and subterranian types
here in California. The main entrance path in old houses here seems to be the one-piece (non-sectional)
garage doors that can not be adequately sealed. Unless you have only a minor infestation, tenting is
how you kill them.

In the mountains, we have "damp-wood" termites that are over 3/4" long. Thankfully, I built this house
of concrete.

Last edited:
   / drywood termites #7  
This may not be a issue there on this but just to think on: here to sell a house you must furnish a termite inspection it is free of termites. Only saying if selling might be in near future you may need to face the cost now to be clear for selling. Hope you well in the war. kt

/ drywood termites
so far only in one spot of kitchen cabinets,we had this house custom built when I was married its a block home im pretty sure you have to have a termite inspection here also