Driveway Patrol

/ Driveway Patrol #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
I saw an ad on TV about a Driveway Patrol, 800 426-3737, 400' range, $30. It's supposed to alert you with a beeper when someone enters your driveway. Anybody know if it really works? Does it work off a motion sensor, a light beam, or what?

/ Driveway Patrol #2  
I looked at this unit back in the Summer, wasn't impressed, don't recall why. I purchased a Miltronic electronic driveway alarm about six months ago. It works great. You have to purchase the transmitter and receiver. The transmitter uses a infrared beam to sense motion and transmits a signal 1000 feet to the receiver which has a beeper that sounds, not real loud. The transmitter is mounted on a tree 30 feet from the edge of the driveway about 100 feet from the house. The transmitter is 9volt battery operated. The receiver plugs into the house current. I also have two remote alarms that plug into wall outlets that are driven by the receiver. Not cheap, but works great, and senses everything that moves in the driveway area not just metal objects. Took about 20 minutes to mount and set up. There are a few tricks to getting this set up right. The transmitter must not face the sun, north is best, it should be no more than 24" off the ground tilted slightly down and use only regular DuraCell batteries, everything else loses their contact points internally as they wear out causing the transmitter to act funny. ric

/ Driveway Patrol #3  
I got one of those. It Was free at the pound.

The low end one $30 is a simple motion detector. Car's, deer, kids will set it off.

/ Driveway Patrol #4  
I purchased a driveway sensor from www.reliablechimes.com My first purchase was a wireless motion sensor that was supposed to transmit up to 1000 feet. My driveway is 880 feet and the distance was too far for the 1000 foot transmitter. The 1000 feet is based on line of site with no obstructions. I returned that one and purchased a 2000 foot model that uses a buried vehicle sensor. The sensor only detects vehicles, and it works great.

Joe

/ Driveway Patrol #5  
ric,
<font color=blue>everything else loses their contact points internally </font color=blue>
Did you just take a shot at the "bunny battery"? If you did I hope you didn't miss.
If you haven't done so yet, take a duracell and a "bunny batt" apart and compare them side by side. I came to the conclusion the bunny guy's should put less money into advertising and more into product development.
Al