driveway marker spacing distances

/ driveway marker spacing distances #11  
I put mine about 15 feet apart; just enough so that I can pretty much almost always have one in sight, even in blowing snow.

Suggestion - get a roll of reflective tape and put a large piece at the top and middle. Make it look like a little flag (vs just tightly wrapped around the marker).

Even though you already have reflective tape on the markets, this will make a huge difference in making them visible. That was my experience at least

/ driveway marker spacing distances #12  
I like the idea of using a hammer drill.
I also prefer snowblower over snowplow, and have been using a 3 pt snowblower,
looking over my shoulder, for the past 18 years. Although this year I've been
trying right and left rear view mirrors.

Is your snowblower front mount or rear mount ?
If rear mount, do you use mirrors, backup camera, or look over your shoulder ?
This is my second year here, so I ordered some markers. Unfortunately, the freeze and snow arrived before the markers did. I just stuck them in the snow banks at about 50' intervals on opposite sides of the driveway. We sometimes get heavy snow and drifting and the snow will drift and cover the road completely leaving a flat featureless plain of white, so even the late arriving stakes helped. I also like to use the front plow along the edges, up one side and down the other and then using the mirrors doesn't require precise backing when blowing the accumulated center berm away.
I am 71, so my body really does not like twisting around to look back at the snow blower, so I use the mirrors as often as I can. I do have some corners that have 5' drop-offs where turning around seems prudent. I also find it difficult to use the mirrors on very gray overcast days, especially when it is still snowing. I might try using some plastic marker tape on the stakes next year to see if that helps.

Last edited:
   / driveway marker spacing distances #13  
This is my second year here, so I ordered some markers. Unfortunately, the freeze and snow arrived before the markers did. I just stuck them in the snow banks at about 50' intervals on opposite sides of the driveway. We sometimes get heavy snow and drifting and the snow will drift and cover the road completely leaving a flat featureless plain of white, so even the late arriving stakes helped. I also like to use the front plow along the edges, up one side and down the other and then using the mirrors doesn't require precise backing when blowing the accumulated center berm away.
I am 71, so my body really does not like twisting around to look back at the snow plow, so I use the mirrors as often as I can. I do have some corners that have 5' drop-offs where turning around seems prudent. I also find it difficult to use the mirrors on very gray overcast days, especially when it is still snowing. I might try using some plastic marker tape on the stakes next year to see if that helps.
I commend the method you follow. Most people push to the side and fight the build up. Pushing to the middle and 1 center pass with the blower is the best way when you have a plow and rearward blower. 71 years has taught you well…