Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #41  
I took my test in a 1972 Chevy C30. It was a nice looking truck when new, but succumbed to rust in a few short years. It was a mess when my dad got rid of it.
That vintage was nice looking but did rust out in too few years. They also had a whopping 12K mile warranty including drive train.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #42  
Dodge D100 pickup 3 speed on the column.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use?
1966 Ford Fairlane 4 door. The next year I took my MC test on my 1971 Honda CB 175.
I followed with my 71 Honda CB 175, my brother had a CL 175 and uncle SL 175....

The CB 175 belonged to a Navy guy shipping out from Alameda... it still has the military sticker on the fork...

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #44  
Took mine in 53 right after I turned 16. 1932 Chev. Tester had me do a 3 point turn half way up a rather steep hill. Had never done one of those turns before.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #46  
72 Ford F100. My parents sold it while I was in Panama during the Noriega deal. Guess they thought I wasn't coming back. I bought a 67 and left it on base during my trip to the Gulf War. Still have that one.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #47  
Took my drivers road test in a five ton flat deck a week after my 16th birthday.

I had to be tested in the heaviest vehicle expected to be driven at the time to get my "Chauffeur's Licence".

I got my airbrake endorsement later.

I lost two points ( shifting trans while in an intersection and not honking the horn before backing up) but still passed.

Who came up with that rule? That’s definitely a light vehicle thing not a heavy truck rule. Otherwise there would be a backlog of cars honking as the truck crawls across the intersection.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #48  
Who came up with that rule? That’s definitely a light vehicle thing not a heavy truck rule. Otherwise there would be a backlog of cars honking as the truck crawls across the intersection.

No idea. His concern was if I "missed a shift"

I wanted to say " YOU may miss shifts , but I don't " but I had already waited 6 years to get my license and I kept my mouth shut.

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #49  
MC license 1st on ‘65 Honda CB 160
Drivers license in mom’s ’64 Plymouth valiant

/ Driver's License... What Vehicle did you use? #50  
VW Bug. 2 weeks after I got my license my family moved half way across country. Mom had just gotten out of the hospital and couldn't drive so Dad drove the station wagon and I drove the Bug.