Oil & Fuel Drive System Fluid Plus

/ Drive System Fluid Plus #1  

Bob_Bainbridge

Platinum Member
Boy, I got a shock today when I stopped at my local dealer to buy a gallon of synthetic Drive System Fluid Plus for my 3235. The last gallon I bought a couple years ago was in the upper $30 range. Today it was $48 with tax. I couldn't find it on the shelf with all the other oil and went to the counter to ask where it was. I then saw it behind the counter. When I paid for it I found out why they keep it behind the counter.

Bob B.

P.S. Maybe we're starting to pay for the Gulf spill already!

/ Drive System Fluid Plus #2  
Ouch.

When I get back home, I have to do my 50 hour servicing on my;

1. 7532
2. 5234
3. 1046

Not to mention the F350 is due another oil change in a few thousand miles...and I use amsoil. 15 quarts....AND.....probably need to change tranny fluid, from heavy towing...also amsoil.....:(

what was it you were complaining about...? :laughing:

/ Drive System Fluid Plus
Update to old thread. Last time I changed the transmission filter on my 3235 it was warmed up to facilitate the engine oil change. I jacked up the front and had the new filter gasket all lubed and ready for a quick install. I ended up losing about a pint of oil. This time I didn't start the tractor (hadn't run for a day or two). I jacked the front up as high as possible, got the new filter ready, removed the old one and NO oil came out so I didn't have to add any. I then warmewd the tractor up and proceeded to change the engine oil and filter.

Bob B.

/ Drive System Fluid Plus #4  
I learned the 'jack up the front' trick some years ago when I did the initial trans filter change on my 2544. I spun-off the factory filter only to discover my replacement was over on the work bench. I lost a gallon of CC Drive Sys Fluid Plus in the process into my dirty drain pan.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $4 a quart for the Cub stuff with Rotella 15w40 available (or brand of your choice). That's a whole'nother topic though.

I only purchased the Cub stuff once (first trans oil change). It was $36-38/gal back in 2005.

Joel