Drawbar towing.

/ Drawbar towing. #81  
I too pull "stuff" with my draw bar. I went to tractor supply and bought 2, 1" steel bushings and had my local welding shop drill out the hole and weld them (stacked on each other) in drilled out hole. I tow a 12' dump trailer full of wood chips, split wood, and little over half full of dirt around my property. Occasionally a car trailer loaded with logs to go to saw mill. Pretty much anything I can pull behind my 1500 Ram. I did this to keep my truck clean and I have been using this setup for a couple of years and have had no problems yet. Cheap too I have 50$ plus the 2 bushings invested. Good luck

/ Drawbar towing. #82  
I agree a dedicated trailer mover put on the 3 point is the way to go. I made my own and I use it to move my GN trailer around.

One other reason to use an upward limiter of some type is that you can dump a dump trailer without the hitch raising up.

But since it seems like there is always a need to move a trailer around I also notched a square hole in the upper portion of my box blade and welded a tube into it so I can use a standard ball mount in it. I wouldn't use this for a heavy load, but when I'm moving the log splitter or small utility trailer its nice to do it without having to switch out 3 point implements.

r.
Box Trailer Hitch.jpg