Draft Control 4820

/ Draft Control 4820 #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
Draft control. I was looking over my manual for my 4820 and it states that there is some sort of draft control based upon where you have the top link mounted.

They state the upper hole is the most sensitive position, the center is best for filling… and presumably the bottom offers little to no draft control. Can anyone confirm this?

/ Draft Control 4820 #2  
If you have a solid top link mount, you don't have draft control.

If you have this style of top link mount, you have draft control. Note the top link bracket pivots on the shaft on the bottom. On the other side of it, there is the feedback rod. There is also two locks on this system, a little bit hard to see though.

There is still 3 positions, the top one won't do much as the top link end hits a bolt inside. Middle one is more sensitive and bottom one is the least sensitive.

IMG_20200121_175243.jpg

As far as I know, they pretty much only offer draft control standard on European models. Not even sure if they offer it as an option. At least on the F series ( US 15 series) and 25 series (US 20 series).

/ Draft Control 4820 #3  
You'll only use draft control for ground engaging implements like a plow. It's used to maintain a depth or load in varying soil conditions. My Ford has two sensitivity positions and a lock position. The picture below shows the draft in the locked position (middle pin). The lower pin is the pivot.

Draft Sense.jpg