Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #31  
The secret on dumping the CR is to not overfill it. As long as it isn't completely full, you just tilt it up and drive away. I see no use for the unloading hose unless you don't have a loader to pile the dumped leaves up. When you dump them, you end up with a long low row of leaves.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum
My tractor is at another property most of the summer. I keep it at the house to do snow removal in the winter. I back my JD x320 w/bagger into the woods and dump the bags. I can keep piling them up and once a year push it over and compact it with the tractor when I have it home for something. I'm not sure the CR will back in there when full and I won't be able to pile it up. Just preparing for other options. If I could blow it all into my dump trailer I could haul it away.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #33  
With the dual wheel casters it will go through some pretty rough stuff, I have have CR dual wheel casters on my homemade vac which weighs more then the CR. If you look at the picture I posted earlier I was in the middle of the woods on deep leaves, no problem.
If you need more room, clear a small area to dump if you can.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #34  
Another vote for the Cyclone Rake. The only regret I have is that I didn't purchase one in 2014 when I bought my property. It's fantastic!

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #35  
Cyclone Rake has served us well for 16 years, great workmanship and friendly, knowledgeable customer service. Model names have changed somewhat since we bought ours but it has the dual wheels that still work great, 8" hose and 6.5HP Briggs. I highly recommend CR.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #36  
>I got the optional hardened liner for the blower because I pick up millions of acorns.

We had so many acorns last year it wasn't safe to walk across the backyard -- like ball bearings underfoot.

None this year. The squirrels are going to have a hard winter.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #37  
On my second Cyclone Rake. First one was ~15 years old when I bought it, put another 5 years on it before selling it and upgrading to the bigger Z-10. It had a Tecumseh 6hp motor on it that still started on the first pull. Man I wish that company was still around making small engines. The Z-10 is great and it'll be very effective on your x320 52" deck. I bought hoses and adapters for both my old 42" Craftsman and my 61" Scag since I didn't know which I'd use more. The smaller deck on the Craftsman is way more efficient sucking up leaves than the bigger 61" on the Scag. The only issue is getting a feel for how full the bag is. When attached to the Craftsman I can just reach back and hit it with my hand to feel for the leaf level. As has been stated already, the bag is hear impossible to tilt/dump if you get it so full the over-flow shoots are spitting leaves. I have 2.5 acres of yard surrounded by hardwoods and poplars so do quite a bit of leaf slurping (as my kids call it) and I always keep a hard rake over where I'm dumping leaves. Also, if you have an area where you can continue to dump leaves year over year you'll have some awesome compost for a garden after 2 or 3 years. My first CR came with the estate hose and long dump hose kit. I never used them. For me it was way easier to use the leaf blower to push the leaves away from fences and out of gardens to an area where I can just run over them with the CR on the mower. Their customer service is great too. I lost one of the engine mounting screw/handle things and I called them up and they sent me one for free.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #38  
One thing to consider when you are deciding on the 8 versus 10 inch hose is possible replacement cost. I have had my hose split a couple of times and so far I have patched it with a piece of round duct, but when it comes time to replace it they are pretty costly.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #39  
I've used a PECO lawn vac since 2003. It is only 5 horsepower with a 7" hose, but it has cleaned up at least a couple hundred bushel of leaves every fall - 3 acres of poplar and oak. It outlasted my last tractor and is now hooked to a JD X570. Finding the right attachment for the deck took a few tries, but works like a charm now. It clogs when leaves are a little wet or if you try to vacuum up leaves more than 4-5 inches deep. Sticks bigger than 1/2" in diameter tend to slow things down if they get in the tubing. The only thing I've had to replace is the fuel tank. The flexible tubing gets replaced about every five years. Dealers might be a little hard to find these days.