Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum
Ttener, I hear ya. At this stage of the game my first question should be. What is the biggest, most expensive unit you have and just get it. It would save me all the hassle of the 1 to 2 weeks of research and getting everyone's opinion I can get. You and i both know where this will end up. I've been told I am sometimes my own worst enemy. lol

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #22  
Yeah - you’re getting the bigger one. Ha.

In all seriousness, 4 more horses and 2” larger diameter hose will make a big difference. Plus, the added collector capacity. When I was researching, CR gave me a couple phone numbers of guys in my area to call for info. The very first guy I called said, “you’re getting the big one, right?” That’s all I needed to hear.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #24  
The mower deck is a 52". My biggest use and need for this is the almost 400' of steep ditches I have that collect leaves. My mower w/bagger can't get into the ditch. I'm going to get the estate 32' vacuum hose to do the ditches. Which do you think would work better with the vacuum hose the XT or the Z-10?
The larger unit will be much better for using it as a direct vac, for the mower either would work fine.
One of the disadvantages of using it as a straight vac is you don't get nearly as much mulching since the mower isn't also chopping the leaves up.
I got away from trying to suck things out of areas I can't get to and now blow everything into areas where I can just drive over it with the mower/vac, it does help to have a large backpack blower!

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #25  
Mulching is Not really an option for me. I’ve already vac’d this once
IMG_9999.jpg

The ditch leaves are all stages of dry on top, damp in the middle and of coarse very wet on the bottom. If it will get me down to just the very wet on the bottom. I'm hoping I can rake them out on the side let the water drain and then go back and pick up with the vacuum. As it is know I shovel them all out with a fork, into a gorilla cart and haul them away. Very back breaking shoveling them up at least 2&1/2 ft into the cart at the top of the ditch. There is a word that rhymes with ditch that describes this better. lol

ttener, have you ever used the unloader hose to unload the leaves. I'm thinking it might work for me to unload into my dump trailer to haul away.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #28  
No, I never tried the unloader hose. I just dump and get back to work. I use a tractor loader to pile them high and flip the pile a couple times a year. When the CR starts wagging the dog, it’s time to dump. At least a couple times a vac job I overfill the collector, which causes it to clog during the dump process. It’s a real pain pulling enough out by hand and foot so that it will flow out and empty. 100% my fault, but the dump process takes 5-10 mins and I usually make 10 runs to the compost pile. It adds 50-90 mins to the task, so I make sure it’s full every cycle.

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #29  
I know your gorilla trailer. I would be tempted to build a low ramp that I could back the CR up onto, that’s just high enough to dump right into the gorilla. I’m telling you, the dump and reset cycle is a time hog. The faster you can do that, the more time you’ll have for drinking beer

/ Dr or Cyclone lawn vacuum #30  
All this talk is making me head out now and start sucking leaves!