DPF problems..

/ DPF problems..
Yeah, I have considered that option... getting an attorney.

I'm going to give them a call and ask to speak with the manager over it in the morning. I'm demanding that they come to my farm (20 minutes away from the dealership) with their diagnostic computer and a tech, as they do offer that service, but I'm telling them ahead of time I'm not paying a dime. We'll see how it goes.

Keep in mind, this isn't some fly by night. It's AgPro Ohio, an AGCO/Massey/Fendt dealership.

I've considered calling AGCO corporate as well.

/ DPF problems.. #22  
This is big rig related....but what makes me laugh is every year when they have the new model/engine announcements and they say "these new engines are so smart they can diagnose themselves and tell the technicians what they need to do", then you spend weeks in the shop while they stab all your wiring harnesses with test lights, which later causes all the wiring to corrode and then the fun begins!! LOL

/ DPF problems.. #23  
Yeah, I have considered that option... getting an attorney.

I'm going to give them a call and ask to speak with the manager over it in the morning. I'm demanding that they come to my farm (20 minutes away from the dealership) with their diagnostic computer and a tech, as they do offer that service, but I'm telling them ahead of time I'm not paying a dime. We'll see how it goes.

Keep in mind, this isn't some fly by night. It's AgPro Ohio, an AGCO/Massey/Fendt dealership.

Man that sucks. I hope you get something out of them. I would call corporate anyway. Be nice the first time, but get the ball rolling.

/ DPF problems.. #24  

All the more reason for them to see you right. It'll cost them far less to fix/replace your tractor than have bad press on youtube and every other forum/social media site! I wish you luck with it.

/ DPF problems.. #26  
Lawyers all cost money. Remember that.

I doubt most of people with all the lawyer up ideas have ever actually done it over a 4 figure issue. You’d have to spend several k for a retainer before you do anything.

/ DPF problems.. #27  
I would not panic yet. I want to believe the dealer will step up here. However, I would be developing a plan to delete the problem permanently.

/ DPF problems.. #30  
J23 you have every reason to be seriously PO'd. In my experience AGCO will make it right if you hang in with them. I had a brand new tractor in 2011 that had a hideous laundry list of problems -- more than enough to justify any lemon law applicability! But eventually the dealer, the regional rep for AGCO and myself got it fixed -- made right. No buyer of a new tractor should ever have to go through that !! Anyway I expect AGCO will make it right.

Recommend that you get hold of your regional service rep ASAP. Stay on the best terms you can with your dealer. The dealer should gladly and cooperatively give you the contact info for the regional service rep. He is THE JUDGE and he has authority. His name back at the time of my horror story was Randy Kocher who operated out of south central Ohio. He has certainly moved on by now but ask "Who replaced Randy Kocher" and don't take no for an answer. Someone is in that position. There is a cluster of those AGCO/MF guys who end up with "equipment show duty" around the country. Unfortunately the Ohio Farm Science Review (held just west of Columbus) was a month ago. Whoever that is would almost certainly have been there and you could have captured him face to face. I know you are not just going to leap down there but AGCO / MF is exhibiting at the Sunbelt AG Expo in Mountrie.GA this week. Most shows later this fall are out west.

Anyway what you are after at this sad point is a compromise -- a settlement of some sort that cuts your dollar damages. Document your story well (as you pretty much have with us) and wade into AGCO asking for resolution. It may seem flimsy but the "AGCO Listens hotline" is a very decent place to start in parallel with finding the regional service rep !! Expect the dealer to be a player in all this but do not expect him to bear the brunt of it all. Good luck.