DPF on 40 HP and lower

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #11  
Yes but on your truck with the OBD connector and a code reader you can diagnose the problem,
tractors using CAN buss and propriety communication protocols are going to be more difficult.
On the truck I never know which sensor "exhaust #3 is" but if I poke around on the exhaust side generally I find it pretty quick. I hope it's as easy error codes in the tractor which get me looking at the right problem, hopefully multi meter isolates it. But I really don't expect to have to worry about sensors for another year or two at least even on my "older" tractor, heck compared to my truck they barley get used so maybe those sensors will last until I get rid of the tractor :unsure:

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #12  
Forty percent of my regenerations occur during operation, sixty percent parked.

Wow!

Just shy of 500 hours on my Kubota now and I've had only ONE parked regen - the regen light came on as I was backing into the barn to park the tractor.

All the regens are seamless - only way I know its going on is if the regen light in the dash is on. Painless process.

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #13  
Im hopefully bringing home a Massey 2850Mhst/cab this week but the Branson 20 series hst/cabs were on my shortlist for that reason and others. I will also be going straight to the Branson dealer if anything falls through on this Massey deal.
At 80, and owning a 253 hour 2006 48HP Kubota TLB (Tier nothing), I will never be in the market for a new tractor.
That said: From all I have heard and read, If I were looking for a new CUT, a Branson dealer would be my first stop!

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower
Thanks for all of the feedback!

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #15  
For me EGR has been replaced twice in 100 hours. EGR and diesels are a trouble spot due to soot in exhaust. Dpf Regen is no big deal, EGR pretty much disables tractor as computer senses back pressure using EGR as an input. When EGR goes down it's reduced power and constant Regen. Boomer 40 made by LS.

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #17  
TAt 80, and owning a 253 hour 2006 48HP Kubota TLB (Tier nothing), I will never be in the RD market for a new tractor.
That said: From all I have heard and read, If I were looking for a new CUT, a Branson dealer would be my first stop!
Actually your L48 is a Tier II machine.

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #19  
Wow!

Just shy of 500 hours on my Kubota now and I've had only ONE parked regen - the regen light came on as I was backing into the barn to park the tractor.

All the regens are seamless - only way I know its going on is if the regen light in the dash is on. Painless process.
Link and system locked up.

/ DPF on 40 HP and lower #20  
DPFs CAN be cleaned at least once. No idea on what that costs.

My understanding is that DPFs are warrantied for a pretty long time (I believe it's 3,000 hrs).

EGR problems? I have an EGR valve in my Kioti: only 675 hrs, so no idea on its long-term usability. Also have them in my MKIV VW TDIs, and while I've had to clean them on every car that I've acquired (sans one in which it came from a fellow TDI enthusiast who knows how to take care of these cars/engines), I have not had to touch them afterwards because I operate the cars/engines as they should be operated: long runs at operating temperatures. EGR valves have been around for quite some time; if some tractor manufacturer is having problems with them, and it's not the operator who is at fault, then that manufacturer flat out dropped the ball.

Only two of my Kioti's regens have been parked ones. Just had one the other day as I was finishing up with something and was in the midst of contemplating mowing another smaller area so I decided to go ahead and do that work asa the regen ran. I'll grant that if one is in a hurry to to wrap something up and hits a regen that that kind of sucks, but figure it more like running into a traffic jam when you weren't expecting it: sometimes things just happen when you're not really wanting them to happen (but it's not like folks WANT a regen to happen, unless, that is, one is overdue and is a bit concerned whether the system is properly monitoring itself).