Dont take her pocky-book

/ Dont take her pocky-book #51  
walmart-attire.jpg

Steve

/ Dont take her pocky-book #53  
Well Cowboy ... mebbe you might wanna brush up on the actual Alabama law:

(emphasis mine)

Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code SS 13A-3-27 | FindLaw

A purse isn't really worth killing someone over. In reality, better let the officers handle the situation. They have him on security camera and will find him. It's amazing to me how much the deputy sheriffs in my county know all about the bad guys that reside in and around here. This lawreying stuff makes my head hurt anyway. :confused2:

/ Dont take her pocky-book #54  
In the end, I guess one's views on their clientele, might be affected to some extent by which Walmarts one has been in and what one actually observed while there.

I was not judging by appearance alone. However, appearance always does play a variable.

The reality and truth is we all "judge" everything in our lives, including people, to some degree every single day.

For the most part, my WM shopping experiences have taken place in Seneca, SC and Taylorsville, NC. These stores are located in counties with median household incomes well below the national average and I seldom see Mercedes and BMWs in those WM parking lots. I have encountered a few unfriendly and/or discourteous customers at those locations, but they have been few and far between.

I have never observed the behavior at a WM that was exhibited by one of my former colleagues. A brilliant guy, he always looked professorial (e.g., tweed sports coat, tie, pipe, etc.). He was banned from the Winn-Dixie in Clemson after ramming his shopping cart into a end cap display in a moment of frustration.:)

Steve

Last edited:
   / Dont take her pocky-book #55  
For the most part, my WM shopping experiences have taken place in Seneca, SC and Taylorsville, NC. These stores are located in counties with median household incomes well below the national average and I seldom see Mercedes and BMWs in those WM parking lots. I have encountered a few unfriendly and/or discourteous customers at those locations, but they have been few and far between.

I have never observed the behavior at a WM that was exhibited by one of my former colleagues. A brilliant guy, he always looked professorial (e.g., tweed sports coat, tie, pipe, etc.). He was banned from the Winn-Dixie in Clemson after ramming his shopping cart into a end cap display in a moment of frustration.:)

Steve

Ya never know. I worked in a Furr's supermarket in Albuquerque back in the late 50's. We caught a college professor stealing bar soap and candy; a pretty young mother-to-be stealing baby clothes, kids stealing cigarettes, house wives stealing whole chickens, bums stealing Green Lizard (Mennen Skin Bracer), etc. Appearances do make you suspicious, but movements, actions and body language are just as important, or more so.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #56  
A purse isn't really worth killing someone over. In reality, better let the officers handle the situation. They have him on security camera and will find him. It's amazing to me how much the deputy sheriffs in my county know all about the bad guys that reside in and around here. This lawreying stuff makes my head hurt anyway. :confused2:
:thumbsup:

A couple of years ago we had an incident where we ultimately ended up providing local law enforcement with a bunch of information about various individuals and locations which we deemed - in hindsight - to be suspicious (with good cause)

I was floored by the number of "We know's" I got from them ...

Fact of the matter was, they seemed pretty dialed in on a lot of criminal activity taking place in the area (mostly drug-related, in terms of what I was discussing with them)

Being somewhat aware or having an inkling of what may be taking a place doesn't make a solid, prosecutable case though ... which is probably why it appeared to be still ongoing at the time.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #57  

And it will only take hours...days...weeks dealing with the havoc the thief caused with your credit cars etc.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #58  
As frustrating as this is, every US citizen is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
No person can be judge jury and executioner.
She will and should be charged. The threat was over.
Probably won't be convicted but she will have a lot of costly legal troubles for a while.

Truth...
But that guy won't be stealing anything for a while and may think twice or find another hobby.... thanks to her.

/ Dont take her pocky-book #59  
Truth...
But that guy won't be stealing anything for a while and may think twice or find another hobby.... thanks to her.

I just saw a video of a cop running a gal down with his cruiser. He was justified because the female perp had a gun in possession.

In looking at that that WM video it looked like he had a gun in his hand:D:D

/ Dont take her pocky-book #60  
Yea, even if she isn't charged or convicted of anything, she will still end up being liable for the real criminal's medical bills if he sues her.

As soon as a criminal tries to sue me, I file a lawsuit against the criminal...for double the amount I'm being sued for.