Doin' season's over

/ Doin' season's over #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Doin\' season\'s over

Well, with five inches of snow on the ground, and the outside temp in the teens, it looks like the time for playing in the forest is over (at least with Clementine) and the never-ending task of moving snow is at hand. Time to park the winch and stick that rear blade on the end. Probably won't see dirt again till next May! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

What's it like in your corner of the world?

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Doin' season's over #2  
Re: Doin\' season\'s over

Gorgeous blue skies today and temps in the 50s. Took our oldest to an open house at a college she'd like to attend. Mom and daughter went to the campus living session. Dad went to the financial session /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. I'm sure it's a great deal as colleges go (Univ of MD), but $15K/year in state or, in our case $23K/year out of state. Ouch.

tractor.gif

/ Doin' season's over #3  

It's been cloudy, a little foggy in the mornings, and got just about an inch of rain yesterday and today combined (nine-tenths of it today); sun's come back out now and 65 this afternoon; just great! Forecast highs of 80 at the coast where I plan to be the next 3 days, and when I get back, I've got to mow the yard./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Doin' season's over #4  

Doin season has just started here on the other side of the globe.

Temps are 34 ish (celcius) not much rain but grass is starting to get along real quick. Haven't slashed since March, and have only mowed once since, but it will be all happening soon !!

Cheers

PS - Just found a converter, That is 94 degrees in your language - Yuk !!!

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>

/ Doin' season's over #5  

We are averaging about 5 - 10 degrees above normal for this time of year. We normally have highs of 0 Celsius, and our high today was supposed to be about 12 C. Pretty nice.

However....we had snow about a month ago /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif...and since this Alberta the weather could change in an hour or so !!!

Kevin

/ Doin' season's over #6  

Mid 50's, good south breeze, afternoon rain. TV sez this will keep up for this week, but next week the highs in the 20's and our first chance for snow. Snow blower is ready, 955 in the heated garage. But on the other hand, we are one day closer to spring!!

Paul

/ Doin' season's over #7  

nice day here in south NH around 28 this mornin but 40 by noon. i love vermont, my sister and cousin are married to lifetime vermonters, but i am just not hopin for snow yet. still got acorns to gather.

James "woody" Mills

/ Doin' season's over #8  

<font color=blue>still got acorns to gather</font color=blue>

What do you do with the acorns?

BirdSig.jpg

/ Doin' season's over #9  

Not too cold, but we finally got some rain this weekend. I was up at the property (Sierra foothills) and managed to do a little tractorin' during a lull. The ground was softened by the rain, so I used the opportunity to scrape another couple of inches off my "muddy tractor path", as I've described in other posts.

Although it worked, I decided I don't really like boxblading in wet, sticky soil. Curls up real nice, like ice cream does with a scoop, but then it doesn't want to drop out when it's time to dump the load. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Doin' season's over #10  

plant oak forest. no shell the little suckers and use to keep the steel dry ina winter. no heat the house thats it.

James "woody" Mills