(Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ?

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #11  
I guess a better question would be gave you ever had the steering wheel jerk while driving the 430? If not then a speed ball or spinner should work just fine.

Nice looking old iron still getting the job done.

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #12  
yes … i have one power steering as well and i love it, it was a lot of money for what it is ($40) but it was a gift.

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #13  
I was plowing/harrowing in some tight quarters today, lots of forward-and-reverse over short distances. I think I need a speedball when backing up my 1962 Case 430.

What is a quality unit? And reasons why I should NOT use a speedball?

thank you!
you mean a suicide knob? All good. I have one on each tractor and they have a gal that drops her top when you turn the wheel....lol

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #14  
Necker Knob, Steering Knob , Suicide Knob, all the same, I have one on the Kubota Tractor, one on the Kubota UTV, and one on my Pickup truck, love them all, whether plowing or backing up, or just cruising on interstate type highways.

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ?
I guess a better question would be gave you ever had the steering wheel jerk while driving the 430? If not then a speed ball or spinner should work just fine.

Nice looking old iron still getting the job done.
It reacts to the ground, but I have not yet had any serious jerks or yanks. And it would be just for backing, while twisted around trying to seewhat I am about to hit

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #16  
I've found the steering knob very useful on my Kubota M6040.

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #17  
Bona fide Kubota knob on the L4240 and an aluminum one that has some name like Irrigation Products(?) on the Ford. Third Kubota - all with power or hydraulic steering - never a problem. The Ford with manual steering whached me a few times. The aluminum one on the Ford usually makes my hand black.

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #18  
"Any recommendations"

Different knob designs fit different steering wheel designs. Just be sure to get a knob that fits correctly so that the knob is pointed straight up off of the plane of the wheel. I hate a knob that is askew and feels like it is wobbling around while steering.

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #19  
I have to say 'speedball' is very original. :rolleyes:

/ (Does this count as an attachment?) Who uses a speedball on their steering wheel? Any recommendations ? #20  
I was told by a friend before I ever raced my first dirt track car. "Never put your thumbs to the inside of the steering wheel." I forgot once and once only.